Capturing video - Am i making this harder than it should be?

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Whamdorff
Org Profile

Capturing video - Am i making this harder than it should be?

Post by Whamdorff » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:53 pm

I am brand new to the site and have been going insane for a while now trying to figure out why my cardcapturing program has failed on me. Maybe there is a better way of doing this and would really like some help. I have made one AMV so far before it crashed on me. I bought an NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT graphics card and it came with this Gamer OSD program that i could use to capture clips while watching an anime on my PC. I could start and stop it as needed and it would give each file a default name so i could go back later to edit them without pausing or interuppting the movie. I had to do a system restore on my PC and even after reinstalling the programs and drivers lost the ability to capture video. Can anyone help me find another program like this? The only things i have found either ONLY record desktop movement and not video being played or have horrible quality. Thanks!

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Re: Capturing video - Am i making this harder than it should be?

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:46 pm

If you have the DVDs, which I guess you do by watching it on your computer, it's best just to rip them, as told in Here.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:59 pm

... harder than it should be ?? T_T
1) Operating System.
2) Drivers to run the system.
3) Codec's & Gamer OSD program
4) Editing/Capturing Software.
. 4a) set locations.
8-)

.. if you are having troubles the Gamer OSD program then simply re-download it 8-)

Whamdorff
Org Profile

Post by Whamdorff » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:19 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:If you have the DVDs, which I guess you do by watching it on your computer, it's best just to rip them, as told in Here.
Thanks a ton for this link, Its way different than how i had done it in the past but now that i am understanding it more and have played around a lot, this has helped greatly! I do however have an issue with my editing program. I am using Pinnicale Studio 11 and seem to be having issues. Is there anyone out there that may be able to explain why, when i preview what i have made so far, the transitions cause the whole thing to freeze and stop playing clips? The music still plays as it should but all video clips i am adding just freeze until the next transition pops up then it freezes on the next clip.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”