Who got FF XI?

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:56 pm

NO, REALLY?
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

El Banana
Org Profile

Post by El Banana » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:10 pm

:O *GASPO!*
I like bugging people. Deal with it.

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Post by EarthCurrent » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:00 pm

El Banana wrote:THE INCONVENIENCE FAIRY
I played the import so I'll blather about this a bit. The world pass and server situation is true. You are assigned to a random world for population balance purposes, but you can earn a world pass to get to a server where your friends are, but the idea that you'll be "behind" in levels is really false and overblown in that comic.

While the class system might at first seem like that found in FF tactics, it is closer to FFIVs class system.

Any time you start a new class, be it warrior, red mage, monk, etc, you start out at LVL 1. You can dual class, but your second class can never be more than half your primary level, and you do not gain exp. on your secondary class. Thus if you have 10 levels in monk and 2 in Black Mage, and you decide to dual class Black Mage Primary, Monk Secondary your levels on each would be BM lvl2/ Monk lvl1 If you lvl your Black mage class to lvl 4, your dual class set up would be BM lvl4/ Monk lvl2.

Essentially, any time that you start a new class, you start from scratch. Dual classing allows you to carry over some of the secondary classes benifits, but not all the higher stats it has gained as a result of level building.

It is both a strength and a weakness of the system.

Thus, if a buddy uses a world pass to come to your server, and starts a new character, all you need to do to partner up with him is switch to one of your lower level classes or begin a new class at lvl 1.

And as for the races in the game, tarutaru are the best. Too cute!

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Post by EarthCurrent » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:20 pm

I was tricked into writing an essay for a necropost.... :?
damn you banananananaman...
damn you to hell

Return to “General Off Topic”