I Hate School

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
RadicalEd0
Org Profile

Post by RadicalEd0 » Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:59 pm

whoa! you canadians are lucky >:/
NMEAMV: PENIS
NMEAMV: IN
NMEAMV: YO
NMEAMV: MIXED
NMEAMV: DRINK

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:13 am

Yeah school does suck! Here's my grades as of two days ago...

American Government - 93%
Physics - 89%
Creative Writing - 99%
Pre-Calculus - 95%
P.E. - 97%

Yeah school's rough. :wink:
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

RyanGlazner
Org Profile

Post by RyanGlazner » Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:48 am

RadicalEd0 wrote:whoa! you canadians are lucky >:/
Yeah. Lucky their school system lets those with really low grades get away with graduating dumber than Americans? :P

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:06 am

man my school is still using the seven point grading system >_<

you are all getting off easy compared to me =P
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

moooooo
Org Profile

Post by moooooo » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:07 am

eh whatever buddy, you'll go to college and have fun soon enough. Fuck grades.
Are you down with the sound of the Devil's town?

Xanthrax
Org Profile

Post subjects are a waste of time

Post by Xanthrax » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:26 am

I don't think that it's set in stone or anything, but in England (at least at A Level, I can't remember any lower down the system) the grading tends to work as:

80-100%: A
70-79%: B
60-69%: C
50-59%: D
40-49%: E
0-39%: U (Ungraded)

And just because it takes a lower mark to get a grade doesn't mean that a grading system is any easier. From what I've heard from indepth discussions on the topic, it's actually harder to get good grades in Canada than America, and not just because [insert joke about Canadians here].

And I enjoy school for the most part. I'm only taking subjects that I'm interested and like, and the only teacher that I've had any qualms with was the reason I dropped chemistry at the end of AS Level.

My current grades are:

English Literature: A
Further Mathematics: A
Mathematics Mechanics: A
Physics: A
Dead girls don't say no.

Angel_Killer_777
Org Profile

Post by Angel_Killer_777 » Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:10 am

Those are some easy ass grading scale you guys got there. In SC any thing less then a 70 is failing.
>insert witty remark<

Sushi2
Org Profile

Post by Sushi2 » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:47 am

Thanks for the explanation!

In England there are several different exam boards which means there isn't a general set grade boundry, and the recent fiasco on A-Level grading did not help. However I think Xanthrax got it about right.

Damn Xanthrax, you're going to make me look retarded :(

I just did my AS (half an A-Level) and I only got:

Steady B for Computing
Steady B for English Lit
6 marks off an A for Art, so I got a B
1 mark off an A for Religious Studies, so I got a B

I wanted to take all four to full A-Level, but due to crappy time table clashes I had to drop one...so I dropped Computing. I was going to drop Art, but there is always something which calls me to take it....

The reason I put the marks down is because you can still go up a grade for the full A-Level, so your A-Level grade is determined by the overal marks you get in the two years. So if I actually work this year I should be able to get all As.....well hopefully...unless I mess up.....

Xanthrax, did the marking get messed up in your collage for English Lit, as quite a lot did in my class. It's terrible, quite a few people got screwed out of an A.

Like a friend of mine (which is generally the same story for other students) got an A in Dr. Faustus, A in Handmaid's Tale and got a U for Shakespere's Twelfth Night.... which is horrifying as I know it is impossible for him to get a U...even if he only had 15 mins he could be able to at least get an E or D.

So pretty much everyone who decided to carry on with English Lit is going to re-sit the paper in January......uurrgghhhhh i hated Twelfth Night so much....... :x

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:52 am

for the rain it raineth every day

(ok, bad joke - I know the recent fuckups are not a laughing matter)

The HentaiMaster
Org Profile

Post by The HentaiMaster » Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:58 am

bloodyfang wrote:man my school is still using the seven point grading system >_<

you are all getting off easy compared to me =P

dued i used to have 6 grdes points hehehehe iff u had 2 u don't pass damn reminds me of trh good old days
More things change more things stay the same

The HentaiMaster

Return to “General Off Topic”