Amv Makers Make Movies?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Amv Makers Make Movies?

Post by Chez » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:17 am

This is a question that has been building in my head since I am a film student i was wondering how many people who make amv's actually spend the time to shoot short films, edit television shows or news broadcasts, or possibly even try and shoot for feature length films if possible.

So how many of you guys make movies. Either in editing, producing, writing, or doing production work? O:
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Panky
Org Profile

Re: Amv Makers Make Movies?

Post by Panky » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:50 am

Not me exactly, I once helped my brother with a short film editing, since I knew how to edit something, at least.
Unfortunately, editing AMV's and real-footage videos is quite different, let alone the fact of getting the footage itself, and learning how to take correct scenes and scopes.

Douggie
CHEESECAKE!
Org Profile

Post by Douggie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:08 am

Finally a (short) movie thread? :P Thought of the concept, wrote parts of the script, shot and edited this one back in 2003 and then re-edited it in 2007 (small timing corrections, framing corrections, color corrections). I'm not sure if this is a short everybody likes though. I did some more short movies, but I still need to encode and sub them. I'm more interested in editing shot footage, but AMVs has been a good practice in the mean time. I know some other people has done really short movies and shot some video clips themselves, but haven't got any links though.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:30 am

Does anime count?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:44 am

Yes. Some of us do.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:51 am

I don't make movies. I make masterpieces. To be honest I would say very few people would have been actively involved in a larger scale production, but in terms of just smaller films and the like, quite a number of people I would assume, myself included, will have had at least some experience in. Myself aside though, I do believe (other than douggie and kionon) that ZephrStar is also at least partially involved with filming and editing live action.

The real question is, why do you ask?

blabbler
Org Profile

Post by blabbler » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:16 am

Pas wrote: The real question is, why do you ask?
you would need to delve deep into the subtext and read between the lines to find your answer (or just check out the first paragraph).

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:17 am

I've done some indy work that has been farmed out to me by some friends of mine as far as actual editing.

A friend of mine writes scripts and converts novels and other stories into them. He's taken a few of my stories and made scripts that we've submitted through various channels. But that's really about it.
ImageImageImageImage

noexcusepunk
Org Profile

Post by noexcusepunk » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:08 am

I work at a production firm that specializes in Safety Training videos for Military, Corporations, Logistics, Hazard Units, Ect. And we do Custom Projects as well all the time.
I went to school for Audio/Video Production, and it's all because I started doing AMV's when I was in High school. All the videos I have posted here are from my hihg school and beginning college days.

Need to do more, but where is the bloody time!!!!

Douggie
CHEESECAKE!
Org Profile

Post by Douggie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:29 am

ngsilver wrote:I've done some indy work that has been farmed out to me by some friends of mine as far as actual editing.

A friend of mine writes scripts and converts novels and other stories into them. He's taken a few of my stories and made scripts that we've submitted through various channels. But that's really about it.
Considering you like to create hentai stuff, I wonder what kind of stories you write! ;)

Return to “General AMV”