[Xophilarus] Fidelity

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Xophilarus
Org Profile

[Xophilarus] Fidelity

Post by Xophilarus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:03 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcJ80cd0gG4

Hi, so this is the first AMV I've made that I've felt good enough about to put here on the org. I have only been editing for about a year so I'm still pretty new at it, and have only been really getting the hang of it for the past few months since Vivifx has been helping me greatly (by helping, I mean by beating me until I do what she wants). I'm extremely happy with how this video turned out, and I absolutely adore the movie so this was fantastic to make. So that's basically it. I hope everyone enjoys it, and I look forward to posting more videos in the near future. ^^

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Re: [Xophilarus] Fidelity

Post by VivifxAMV » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Yush! Glad it is finally up. I think this is a really wonderful sentimental video, and it totally made me want to watch the movie. I think you did a great job showing off the animation, without overcrowding it with effects. A fantastic start to you're sure to be amazing editing career!

As to constructive criticism I said most of it as betaing. I think you relied a lot on fades here, which I think the song called for. But I would look into trying some new transitions. Like pans aaaaaaall pans. <3
ImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:21 am

That was beautiful. It has such a sweet, well-told story! I want to watch the movie too now.

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Post by Xophilarus » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Warlike Swans wrote:That was beautiful. It has such a sweet, well-told story! I want to watch the movie too now.
Thank you very much ^^

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”