SVS - Spoil

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:23 pm

Eh, to me, the video suffered from the story and atmosphere you tried to bring across. Really, I propably would've enjoyed it alot more if it was just a techdemo like BTB :P

Speaking of which, the effort you guys put in there is still pretty astonishing. While most of it is indeed stock and not that hard do realize if you know AE well, it is still a shitload of work and it didn't go to waste since I can still enjoy the video pretty much from a technical side.

I loved Death Note, and I think you did the story part of the video really well too... just... I wish it would've focused completely on either story or effects. It is hard to concentrate on both while watching and thus the video loses appeal on both sides for me.

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:09 pm

fucking woot!

/gets

awsm work sir, without doubt the best Death note video so far. it felt a lil lame in the story factor but awsome editing so from me 4.7/5.
keep up the awsm work :up:
Last edited by Magnus on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Neverend
The cockpuncher
Org Profile

Post by Neverend » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:15 pm

Sir, you win!

For me this is 5/5 pure pleasureness !

Though i think its a bit to long! But defiantly 5/5!!!! :twisted:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:17 pm

Holy Shit....

O_O

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the VCA video of the year.

5.50/5.00

(No, that was not a typo)

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:06 pm

DAMN!

I only watched 30 seconds of this video, and then came and found this thread just so I can say "HOLY SHIT!"

Serv0
Org Profile

Post by Serv0 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:28 pm

Okay I'm gonna be honest with you guys.

After watching it, for the fifth time now, I don't know how to approach this review the right way, so I'm gonna divide my scores into two. One for visual experience and technique. Two, for content and emotion.

The visuals and techniques are experiments in this video, and they are in truth very well done. More or less, the video feels more like a demoscene. In other words, visuals are this video's main focus. A lot of creations and choices are very unique and well paced. Especially when placed with Celldweller, a very cool artist to begin with.
Some designs in this video stand out too, and are very artistically appealing.
Your credits are also well done for demoscene and is a special effects experience in itself.
5/5 for visuals and technique. :up: :up:

Now the part that I hate to give.
This video disappointed me in content and emotion because there's not a lot there. I kept asking myself, "What's the point?" A very defined atmosphere and mood is set into play, but the characters don't feel dynamic. Just a bunch of close ups and twirling around. I'm not saying the video needs a story, not at all. But as an audience member, there's really nothing that connects me to the video besides all the twirling and flickering.
2:07, however had a little bit of this emotion and content I was looking for. The lyrics in the song are explaining Light's thoughts and his slow movements are telling me his emotions. After that, it goes back to all the twirling, close ups, and flying around.
2.5/5 for content and emotion. I'll give you credit because the song itself did have a little emotion in play, and some of the text used also portrayed some emotional thoughts.

Overall, I consider this video a true success, because I'm assuming you guys weren't even aiming for content in the first place. Also tech demos and demoscenes do follow this criteria of visual experience, so the video's goals are achieved. So please don't get low blow because some wanker said the video didn't deliver his needs. All videos are not perfect, but so aren't reviews either.

Here's your thumbs up you deserve: :up:

And here's an arrow forward :arrow: so that future products may take into account of all comments received. :wink:

Ryko89
Org Profile

Post by Ryko89 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:34 pm

ah this AMV is just great. A bit too Video Copilotish at some parts, but really well customized effects and details. Sweet H\H & 5\5
Image Image

kickass331
Org Profile

Post by kickass331 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:58 pm

You could have at least attempted to make it look like you used DVD footage. You could have used H264 raws... :/

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:12 pm

This is definetely a fav amv for me. I love DN and this vid great. 2nd Best DN amv of all time. I liked the freakish feeling and the fx were good. My own downsides of the amv were a couple of masking parts and the effects got a little too repeptitive. But its still awesome 9/10.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Zero Link
Org Profile

Post by Zero Link » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:05 pm

I was wondering when you were going to upload this. :l Or even if you were going to up it to the org. -saw it on akross site-

edit: wasn't it 3 of you?
Last edited by Zero Link on Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”