I Couldn't Sleep Last Night

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
deadantsmell
Org Profile

I Couldn't Sleep Last Night

Post by deadantsmell » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:51 pm

My first actual amv! I wanted to practice and get used to the program I'm using. I'd really appreciate some constructive criticism! I had a lot of fun making this and I'd like to get better!

Enigmo
Org Profile

Re: I Couldn't Sleep Last Night

Post by Enigmo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:04 pm

see, in the uk you can get free help from a doctor for such problems. but idek what obamacare is doing for you
Image Image

deadantsmell
Org Profile

Post by deadantsmell » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:08 pm

Enigmo wrote:see, in the uk you can get free help from a doctor for such problems. but idek what obamacare is doing for you
I-is that a good thing or a bad thing?

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:32 pm

Okay, this was awesome. I love simple, emotional videos and this delivered in spades. I also love Madoka so that helped. But yeah, solid storytelling, excellent scene selection, great atmosphere and nothing but hard cuts and crossfades. I'm a fan :up:

deadantsmell
Org Profile

Post by deadantsmell » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:09 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:Okay, this was awesome. I love simple, emotional videos and this delivered in spades. I also love Madoka so that helped. But yeah, solid storytelling, excellent scene selection, great atmosphere and nothing but hard cuts and crossfades. I'm a fan :up:
Thank you! I was actually pretty nervous about the lack of effects.

chataolauj
Org Profile

Post by chataolauj » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:54 pm

deadantsmell wrote:
CrackTheSky wrote:Okay, this was awesome. I love simple, emotional videos and this delivered in spades. I also love Madoka so that helped. But yeah, solid storytelling, excellent scene selection, great atmosphere and nothing but hard cuts and crossfades. I'm a fan :up:
Thank you! I was actually pretty nervous about the lack of effects.
Yous should never worry about lack of effects unless your song is really upbeat and fast paced. As long as your scenes sync with your song, then it'll turn out good. The concept was also consistent, so that's a plus too.

I just thought it was okay because I don't like AMVs with a song that has a steady tune to it, but that's just personal preference obviously. Keep at it though because the first AMV won't always be great for first time AMV makers; I would know cause my first one sucked. By the way, if you wouldn't mind, I would really appreciate it if you gave me feedback on my most recent AMV ---> http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 3&t=122763

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:53 pm

The more I watch this, the more I like it. Especially when I actually paid attention to the lyrics.

I rarely rewatch anime series, and that goes for a couple that I really, honestly love, like Madoka Magica (hopefully I will make the time to do so in the future). It's been a few years since I've seen it but damn, this AMV really brought back a lot of the emotions I felt while watching the series.

In a lot of ways this is really basic in terms of composition and theme, but I think that's really fitting for this kind of song and also the clarity of storytelling.

deadantsmell
Org Profile

Post by deadantsmell » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:19 pm

seasons wrote:The more I watch this, the more I like it. Especially when I actually paid attention to the lyrics.

I rarely rewatch anime series, and that goes for a couple that I really, honestly love, like Madoka Magica (hopefully I will make the time to do so in the future). It's been a few years since I've seen it but damn, this AMV really brought back a lot of the emotions I felt while watching the series.

In a lot of ways this is really basic in terms of composition and theme, but I think that's really fitting for this kind of song and also the clarity of storytelling.
Thank you! I'm really glad it was emotional! That's what I was going for!

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Good job, that was pretty awesome for a first amv. The song choice fit the anime really well, and the pacing seemed pretty good. Maybe just continue working on flow for your next one, for the most part the flow wasn't bad, but there were a few areas that I thought transitioned a bit weird with just the hard cuts there.

deadantsmell
Org Profile

Post by deadantsmell » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:29 pm

animefreak00007 wrote:Good job, that was pretty awesome for a first amv. The song choice fit the anime really well, and the pacing seemed pretty good. Maybe just continue working on flow for your next one, for the most part the flow wasn't bad, but there were a few areas that I thought transitioned a bit weird with just the hard cuts there.
Thank you! I'll definitely work on that!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”