Celestial // Iconic [Fushigi Yuugi]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
*inverse*
Org Profile

Celestial // Iconic [Fushigi Yuugi]

Post by *inverse* » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:24 am

I'm happy to see so many fun videos being released lately. These aren't exactly brand new, but I haven't announced a video in this forum in a very long time. Felt nostalgic editing these, and it feels kind of nostalgic to post them here. Both these projects were so much fun!

If you're a fan of this old series, I really hope you enjoy them :)

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: Celestial // Iconic [Fushigi Yuugi]

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:54 am

I liked these. Actually, I liked ICONIC, but I fricking loved Celestial. That video has such a charming old-school approach and even the song sounds like a '90s pop song that was re-purposed for the 2010s. The pacing, scene selection, and general editing in Celestial was just spot-on all the way through. I don't have anything too extravagant to say, other than the fact that it's a rock-solid video and probably one of my favorites of the year thus far. Great job :up:

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:37 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:I liked these. Actually, I liked ICONIC, but I fricking loved Celestial. That video has such a charming old-school approach and even the song sounds like a '90s pop song that was re-purposed for the 2010s. The pacing, scene selection, and general editing in Celestial was just spot-on all the way through. I don't have anything too extravagant to say, other than the fact that it's a rock-solid video and probably one of my favorites of the year thus far. Great job :up:
Awww shucks :oops: thank you so much for that nice comment, you made my day <3

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:28 pm

Love both of these! However, the Celestial poster is so bad it could have been done by me. Kinda builds up false expectations.
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Cenit wrote:Love both of these! However, the Celestial poster is so bad it could have been done by me. Kinda builds up false expectations.
Thank you! I'm glad you checked out the videos despite how you felt about the banners. I like keeping them simple :)

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:57 am

I think that Celestial could have used some more internal sync here and there but it still had a nice flow and feeling.

Iconic also had a good feeling to it. :up: I really wish that I remembered more about Fushigi Yuugi though. I know that I watched a decent portion of it in High School, but I can remember anything about the characters that you used :( . I'll just say to watch out for lip flap. Celestial also had some lip flap in it that looks like it would have been pretty easy to fix. I think that I'm pretty good at removing lip flap, so if you ever have a scene that's really tricky, feel free to send me a message :D

But anyway, nice job on both vids. Like CrackTheSky said, they both have a old school feeling to them that was nice to see again. :beer:

Hirou Keimou
Org Profile

Post by Hirou Keimou » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:52 am

I love your approach in Iconic! :up:
Compared to a majority of AMVs I've seen for this series, focusing on any characters besides the series' mains or a genre outside of romance is very rare; so this deserves to be a valuable asset to this community. And you basically display that old series can blend in modern music!

Celestial incorporates this even more~ <3
You not only use romance as a number one genre but also include other characters and basically introduce your viewers to the story of this series without giving away a lot of valuable spoilers for those who did not see it. The only real issue I had is sometimes the brightness is harsh on clips, especially bright ones; which ruins a couple of clips in this video. :(

On the bright side, I love that someone is still editing for this series! It's one of my favorite manga and even if its anime doesn't live up to its beauty, I still adore this series (even if it sometimes can be mushy). I commend you for creating these two videos and sharing them with us. <3 <3 <3

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:16 pm

kireblue wrote:I think that Celestial could have used some more internal sync here and there but it still had a nice flow and feeling.

Iconic also had a good feeling to it. :up: I really wish that I remembered more about Fushigi Yuugi though. I know that I watched a decent portion of it in High School, but I can remember anything about the characters that you used :( . I'll just say to watch out for lip flap. Celestial also had some lip flap in it that looks like it would have been pretty easy to fix. I think that I'm pretty good at removing lip flap, so if you ever have a scene that's really tricky, feel free to send me a message :D

But anyway, nice job on both vids. Like CrackTheSky said, they both have a old school feeling to them that was nice to see again. :beer:
Thank you for checking them out! I'm definitely not that great at removing lip flap, so I appreciate the offer. Really glad you enjoyed watching them!
Hirou Keimou wrote:I love your approach in Iconic! :up:
Compared to a majority of AMVs I've seen for this series, focusing on any characters besides the series' mains or a genre outside of romance is very rare; so this deserves to be a valuable asset to this community. And you basically display that old series can blend in modern music!

Celestial incorporates this even more~ <3
You not only use romance as a number one genre but also include other characters and basically introduce your viewers to the story of this series without giving away a lot of valuable spoilers for those who did not see it. The only real issue I had is sometimes the brightness is harsh on clips, especially bright ones; which ruins a couple of clips in this video. :(

On the bright side, I love that someone is still editing for this series! It's one of my favorite manga and even if its anime doesn't live up to its beauty, I still adore this series (even if it sometimes can be mushy). I commend you for creating these two videos and sharing them with us. <3 <3 <3
Thank you so much! I did try to include a little bit of all the characters as much as I could, despite how romancey the song lyrics are. I also had some difficulties cleaning up the dvd footage, and some scenes were a little tricky to work with (the OVAs especially). Doesn't help that I tend to get carried away with glows and colours, I'm addicted to the diffuse effect :P I love this series too, and I still adore my favourite characters after all this time. It was fun watching the entire thing again, an I'm hoping I can edit with it a little more. I'm really glad that a fellow fan enjoyed these <3

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”