Princess Tutu - Raven Witch

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DrPenguin
Org Profile

Princess Tutu - Raven Witch

Post by DrPenguin » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:00 am

Hello!
Any feedback is very appriciated, this is my first time working with "older" source. Any parts you particularly didn't like or would change? Or any part you really enjoyed?
Hope you like it! :>

NatsuCon 2016 (Czech Republic) - Viewer's Choice Award (1st place)
NatsuCon 2016 (Czech Republic) - Jury's Award

Video: Raven Witch
Category: Action, Serious, Drama
Anime: Princess Tutu
Music: Delta Rae - Bottom of the River
Author:DrPenguin

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Princess Tutu - Raven Witch

Post by Kireblue » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:25 am

wow. I really loved how well your video flowed. And the mood and sync was so on point. Great job

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:32 pm

This might be a first for this site; I don't recall ever seeing an entire AMV dedicated to Lady Raven!
Nice Job :)

Kanadajinn
Org Profile

Post by Kanadajinn » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:08 pm

I don't think the song fits the atmosphere of the show super well, but you did an amazing job with it.

DrPenguin
Org Profile

Post by DrPenguin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:37 am

Thank you!
Kanadajinn wrote:I don't think the song fits the atmosphere of the show super well, but you did an amazing job with it.
This is kinda weird, because some people told me that the song fits the show perfectly, and some that it doesn't fit at all. Not sure why. To be honest, I kinda like the match :>. But thank you anyways.

Kanadajinn
Org Profile

Post by Kanadajinn » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:21 pm

falconmtg wrote:Thank you!
Kanadajinn wrote:I don't think the song fits the atmosphere of the show super well, but you did an amazing job with it.
This is kinda weird, because some people told me that the song fits the show perfectly, and some that it doesn't fit at all. Not sure why. To be honest, I kinda like the match :>. But thank you anyways.
Yeah, to me it just seems to southern gothic for the atmosphere of the show. But it grew on me as the video continued, and I think you did a really great job with it! The quality of the editing and the syncing of the music was top-notch.

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:30 pm

I thought this was pretty cool. Unique song and good internal sync - I enjoyed it!

DrPenguin
Org Profile

Post by DrPenguin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:41 am

Thank you!

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:53 am

post-it wrote:This might be a first for this site; I don't recall ever seeing an entire AMV dedicated to Lady Raven!
Nice Job :)
Scintilla made , which has been my go-to for Rue. Rue is my favorite character, so I pay attention. Itoh-sensei, the creator, even drew a shikishi (sketch board) of Rue for me a few years ago.

I'll watch this and give my thoughts.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”