Starlighted Stage

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Starlighted Stage

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:45 pm

I knew I was going to make this amv before I even watched Revue Starlight. I saw all the dramatic lighting and sword fighting from the trailer and was like "yep! I know the perfect song for this show". I didn't try to make the overall narrative too clear, so don't expect any kind of cohesive story lol, but I think I nailed the overall tone of the music.

Megamom
Org Profile

Re: Starlighted Stage

Post by Megamom » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:15 am

This is an incredible AMV, especially from the middle forward, synch of gods!!
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

James Blond
Org Profile

Post by James Blond » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:07 pm

Lots of cool bits of very intricate sync in this one. This video is a fun watch! (I also like that it feels like the world's most action packed musical.)

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:06 pm

Okay, this is great.

I don't know if I need the lip sync BUT you did it really well.

Really nice job matching the shifts in intensity in this song. I'm looking at this and I feel like this is the exact sort of AMV that I ought to personally find really repetitive (for lack of a better word) but I never feel that way in the slightest. Am I more open to it because it's a Synæsthesia Productions AMV? I don't think so because the first time I watched this was tuning into the RICE stream--if there was a title card at the beginning of the video saying who made it, I must have missed it--and I was really intrigued and getting into it despite not knowing who made it.

Great action sync. I never got a really solid sense of the greatest context of any of it but I never felt like I needed it. I liked the tone of this a lot. This song was definitely intense and "epic" but still felt upbeat and "positive," for lack of a better word, and that's such a nice match for these vibrant and colorful scenes and it all comes together really well imo.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”