SVS - Spoil

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
MiyaDV
Org Profile

Post by MiyaDV » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:44 am

Oh you silly Russians make the cutest lil' videos I just wanna cuddle you guys all up
. . . . . .

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:04 am

Color me impressed. Good job guys. My one problem with the video is that I do think it is too long (yes, even at 4:30. I would've preferred it be 45-60 seconds shorter, given that this video is purely about atmosphere/mood instead of story, which is perfectly fine, and it suits the song perfectly, but after a while it just loses it's momentum due to it's franticness). Either way though, the motion graphics and composition were all pulled off quite well. I'd really love to see this same amount of effort and imagination put into something that creates it's own story from multiple elements (without relying on action/frenetic pacing).

:up:
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

simofc90
Org Profile

Post by simofc90 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:59 am

wow awsm video 5/5
and opped full 10

Dn@
Org Profile

Post by Dn@ » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:06 am

This amv reflects the death note atmosphere so perfectly
and it is so well made !! Incredible i loved it !!

5/5

:D

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:11 am

Holy.. :shock:

That was a very impressive technical achievement. Enough said. Just because there wasn't much more to it. I totally dug the lenght of it though, because it saved the whole video from lacking any deeper-than-the-surface content.. Anyway, *very* nice work on the effects, mood and all the details :shock:

4.5/5 :up: *deffinitely a keeper*

Alexboy
Org Profile

Post by Alexboy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:40 am

Great, excellent work!
Funny, but i like to live....

-GfN-
Org Profile

Post by -GfN- » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:48 am

I wasn't too amazed given that mosst of the effects were stock.
other than that, it is the best death note amv so far, but really doesn't do that much for me, editing was ok but nothing outrageous, again, I do not understand the hype Image

still a real good effort shows as well as a certain flow, I can dig it somehow,
7.4/10.

•Shaman•
Org Profile

Post by •Shaman• » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:59 am

Whoa very very good job! 5/5 :shock:

Darius GQ
Org Profile

Post by Darius GQ » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:24 am

Thank you very much for comments, everybody! We are glad that our work managed to produce such a positive impression, means we didn’t work in vain. :)

The accompanying music plays perhaps the most important role, since we placed the main emphasis on the lyrics of the song. The atmosphere of the song, in my opinion, very well fits to the original video. Of course for some the music video appeared too long. We simply felt that we had no right to spoil the song by cutting it almost to a half of its original size. Therefore – it is a matter of taste. We are pleased with the result.

Main goal was to keep up the atmosphere and style.

Anyway, 10x a lot for your opinions :wink:

ScorpionP
Org Profile

Post by ScorpionP » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:05 am

Definitely the best Death Note video so far and the one that stands out the most. Overall atmosphere, effects and the effort put into making this are truly amazing. The length surely hurts it's reviewability factor, but that still doesn't stop me from watching it from time to time.

Deserved it's win :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”