The Angel Above Me

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Ari-chan
Org Profile

The Angel Above Me

Post by Ari-chan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:41 pm

Text is pink... I figured I'd go with a theme. :oops:

It's been awhile since I've been to this side of the forums. I hope I'm not too rusty. Everything about this video is explained in the link. I would have uploaded it locally but I can't just yet, so I apologize to those who prefer it over indirect and direct. :)

I look foward to knowing what you guys think.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: The Angel Above Me

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:07 pm

I know you worked hard on cleaning the footage (from your video description), but I'm curious to know what it looked like before, cause at the moment it looks very over filtered O.o learning how to filter properly can take a lot of time to get the correct balance between losing detail and cleaning up blemishes... it also helps if you can recognize what is wrong with it in the first place that way you don't end up over filtering... sending screencaps to an experienced friend can help to get another opinion before you settle on a specific filter

The idea was cute, but it has a lot of literal lyric sync... eeeh... if you had built more on the mood rather than the literal meaning of the lyrics I think I woulda liked it a bit more...

and it seemed like you tried to put too much of the footage in there (like you were trying to add as many clips as possible) less is more could have probably helped this...

anyways cute vid, it was fun to see all the pinkness?

Ari-chan
Org Profile

Post by Ari-chan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:19 pm

Before

After

I really tried not to overfilter, but that part is not really my strong point. It didn't help that I worked on this on my Laptop, and what looked duller there was completely over saturated on my other computer. I would love help on this sort of thing, but I never know where to find beta testers and more advanced editors willing to give me a shot (doesn't help that I'm to shy to ask that particular question to people either).

So... Just for the record. How would I get those "experienced friends?"

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:41 pm

See you have to give us a six pack along with a box of twinkies. Then we might help you...

Nah... just ask in the forums like I did for my CCS video. If worse comes to worse... ask me... I actually like playing with AVISynth. :amv:

Anyway... I'll check this out for the sake of the pink.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:05 pm

yea asking for advice and help in the avisynth forum is a good place to start... just start up a thread asking advice, screencaps tend to help so people can see what you are working with.

while it is highly improved from the original it is drastically filtered (looks like too much warpsharp or mftoon or similar filter) but yea, that's a terrible source to start with, and that does suck that you accidentally got a shoddy bootleg...

JadeCharm
Org Profile

Post by JadeCharm » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:28 am

cute!
but sometimes you overdid it with the sync and some effects.
also a few scenes moved too fast for the music.

but i still liked it.

Ari-chan
Org Profile

Post by Ari-chan » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Thank you everyone! I am definitly taking notes!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:03 pm

Ok, I have to admit I liked this one a lot for some reason.
It had its issues, and I'd basically echo JadeCharm for those. Also, quality wasn't even that bad. Anyways, I found the vid nice, the song and the anime actually worked really well together, good scene selection.
Good job, also, the show looks cute, I guess I'll check it out! :o

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:11 am

Good stuff. : ]

PS - The AR was a little bit off, but its coo.
Hi.

winryproduction
Org Profile

Post by winryproduction » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:44 pm

AH! So beautiful! Well done! :up:

ImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”