FishStikz (First Full AMV In Over a Year)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
p2njJJ
Org Profile

FishStikz (First Full AMV In Over a Year)

Post by p2njJJ » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:09 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=164363

I'm really in a rush posting this so ignore the how bland this post is but here's my first amv since September 07. It shows how my editing changed with anime, taste in music and Style. It's a pretty nice video in my opinion, nothing too spectacular, just something fun.

download it and leave some love.

oh, and my bad for the shitty compression... I'll remaster it when i get the chance.

Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Re: FishStikz (First Full AMV In Over a Year)

Post by Vax » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:12 pm

I loved it man. It was so consistent and stuff.
4/5. :up:

Alt_z3
Org Profile

Post by Alt_z3 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:18 am

the good part is that the synching and the flow is very nice ^^

The bad thing is that the quality is terrible :/ :down: . First you probably made a mistake in settings of your project. The whole video has interlace or frame blend. One of those. It isn't the fault of the footage cause it can be seen even on the starting signs. In addition the resolution of your amv is low 640x480. So when putting those two aspects together the low resolution and interlace it is very difficult to watch and enjoy the video. I had trouble seeing the scenes. Your way of editing is so fast that sometimes i just saw shapes of characters with no details. Another strange fact is that your video has aobout 3:30 duration and the file size is ~100mb. Something in compression is screwed.

On the whole I couldn't enjoy the video in the way you probably wanted to. The rate of an amv, is the sum of all aspects. If the quality were better I could give you 4/5, but the technical problems are so annoying when watching so only 3/5 from me.

-MD
Org Profile

Post by -MD » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:30 am

Jeez...I'll comment more later (gotta go to school). Nice edit style for the song. The quality was a minor prob (I've seen a shit ton worse)....didn't bother me much...but ya...I like this vid alot. :up: I'll most likely be back here haha

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:13 am

Wait... WHAT!? Omg! JJ! o.O
I demand a deinterlaced version of thiiiis O:
It was pretty funtimez. As you said nothing spectacular but a nice watch. Fix technical issues and it's gonna be an awesome chill-video.
ImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”