The Interlude AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AyeKaeOh
Org Profile

The Interlude AMV

Post by AyeKaeOh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:05 pm

[I tried to upload it to this website multiple times but it wouldn't work ]

Song: Attack Attack! - Interlude
Anime: Soul Eater
Time Spent: 5-7 hours
Editing Program: Sony Vegas Pro 8.0
Difficulty: 2 stars
Outro Song: Attack Attack! - Catfish Soup(Reversed)

Youtube

I only want positive comments towards the amv, negative comments will be ignored

Taite
Org Profile

Re: The Interlude AMV

Post by Taite » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:30 pm

If you can't accept the fact that some people here will not like your AMV, then you shouldn't post here in the first place. You won't get anywhere if you can't learn to look at all negative and positive comments, whatever you mean by that.
Plus, if you can't figure out how to upload to the site, then ask for help (Site Help at the bottom of the forums). Even though youtube links are now allowed here, that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to learn how to upload to the site. You can't keep posting youtube links to your future videos.
Image Image

LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Holy shit I laughed.

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:28 pm

I MISS MY YOUTUBE FILTER EVERY TIME I SEE A YOUTUBE LINK

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:48 pm

Found it pretty boring. Maybe because... it was boring.
AyeKaeOh wrote:I only want positive comments towards the amv, negative comments will be ignored
YES YES YESSSSSSS WIN WIN WIN |:>

Grow up.

BaQuM
Org Profile

Post by BaQuM » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Good job on doing almost no editing whatsoever and adding shitty effects to cover that pathetic crap up. 5/5

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:55 pm

BaQuM wrote:Good job on doing almost no editing whatsoever and adding shitty effects to cover that pathetic crap up. 5/5
Win win win win win win etc |:>

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:02 pm

I only want positive comments towards the amv, negative comments will be ignored
Well it sucked pretty major dick. The anime scenes you chose to throw in didn't fit one bit with the song besides the scene at the very beginning, and then the frame-blended action scene becomes more obvious and the colorful transparent mask around the video is just completely awful. I'm sure there's a variety of things you could have done to make even that scene fit the song a bit more but in the list of possibilities, those borders would have been among the worst choices. Not to mention they got repetetive after 100 times of flashing in and out - did you just make that "overly complicated circular mask you worked a lot on" (if it wasn't actually a preset), make it swap 2 colors and throw it on 70% of the video just as it was, or what?

So anyway "what is this frame blending you speak of, youtube ruins my quality so you can't talk about quality blah blah". I'll quote mirkosp once more on that:

I don't even usually whine about frame blending but it makes the video look much more god-awful. Improving the quality is the first step to making something more watchable and making the viewer think you know what you're doing. Hell, at least watchable, because this was frame-blended to the point where it wasn't (which is why I'm pointing something so minor out in such a terrible work of art) and that's all coming from someone who's gotten to the point of degrading quality on purpose.

But hell, why am I bothering with the frame blending.. Moving on, or rather back, to the footage used, because that's the most important part to understand: that footage had absolutely nothing to do with the music. Not to mention of course that it seemed like one episode of the anime series put on the timeline in order, with some crappy sync and some effects thrown over it.

Oh what the shit, why do people keep making such pointless efforts? It's just like the classic naruto vs insert-name-here "amvs" with a fight scene put to some random music, only it's evolved to the point of adding a colorful border around the whole video to make it seem like a dance video. The amount of negative things about this video I could go on about is enormous and you probably won't even care to read, thus I hereby give up on this review and leave with a facepalm.

tl;dr I liked the boobs scene. (to be honest, putting that boobs scene on repeat to this song would turn out MUCH better than this video. I suggest you try it. "The Interlude AMV - An Alternative Viewpoint".)

2/10.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:29 pm

It wasn't quite as terrible as has been suggested, I've definitely seen worse. The effects do tend to get a bit repetitive, making it fairly boring to watch. I think they took more away from the video than they added. Little shakes, flashes, or colors are nice occasionally, but they shouldn't make up the entirety of the video. Especially when they are mostly unsynched (or perhaps Youtube de-synched it). Not a completely bad video, but it needs work. I would suggest setting up a solid base before adding flashes and whatnot. And then, I'd only add them in moderation.

Additionally, uploading is quite easy, and there are many guides on this site explaining it. Try "Site Help" or "Guides" on your Member Main Page. Quite a few people dislike being linked to Youtube to watch an AMV when /this/ site is for AMVs.

And negative criticism will help you improve more than positive. You learn what you need to change or do differently to make your videos better. And saying that you'll ignore it is kind of like saying "Screw you, I'm too good for your opinion."

And it's like sending up a flare asking for negative commenting, as you can see. :uhoh:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 pm

Emotive wrote:tl;dr I liked the boobs scene. (to be honest, putting that boobs scene on repeat to this song would turn out MUCH better than this video. I suggest you try it. "The Interlude AMV - An Alternative Viewpoint".)
OH, you've already done this! See how footage is important? Similar effects, equally bad editing, but the lightly dressed chick can draw attention even from the unnecessary typography.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”