Gimme More

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
VIDOK
Org Profile

Gimme More

Post by VIDOK » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:54 am

(Spoken)
(It's VIDOK, bitch)
(I see you, and I just wanna dance with you)

(I just can’t control myself)
(Woah!)
(Do you want more?)
(Well I’m good for more)
V for VIDOK [FS] Opium-V

Aggressor
Org Profile

Re: Gimme More

Post by Aggressor » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:47 am

You know I like it, you did a great job with this one. 5/5.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:48 pm

I'm probably going to be in the minority on this one, but this video really confused me and really felt like 3 completely different videos. An action video, a Band music video and a fasnervice video combined together with one song from three different editors and three different perspectives. I think it was the sources.

Because the first minute or so is all about the fanservice and showing off Toko and the few other girls. I was really grooving with the beat and was loving the effects and color schemes. It was entertaining, fun to watch and really hyperactive. Kind of like a darker channeling of ngsilver or Judgeholden. Or or more "metal version" perhaps.

But then... We get 1:02 where the chorus starts... And the source changes to something completely different and changes gears all together. SUre, there's more fanservicy areas and more of what I was really liking about the video, but at 1:35 it starts backup again with that odd action sequences from that weird anime.

And then at 2 the source changes again to that space anime.. And while the coloring/effects were entertaining, it once again didn't have the same feel that the earlier bit of the video had.

I REALLY loved the first part of this video. It was new, interesting and fun to watch. The editing was awesome, the effects were spot on and it was just a gem to watch. But when the sources and mood changed, the flow and atmosphere just took a really big hit to me, and kind of made my overall enjoyment head south.

Oh, and I think it goes without saying it was visually gorgeous?

3.50/5.00

Alt_z3
Org Profile

Post by Alt_z3 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Code I had the same thought like you. The first fanservice part was great. When I watched it thought you will find some nice shots of anime girls, bouncing in various ways to the beat but suddenly all the flow was destroyed by some guy who was being shot by some energy beam like for 30 seconds. Yoko music clip Star gave you many nice scenes to use, you only changed the colors. You used them good that is my subjective point of view cheers.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:44 am

I have to agree. It was nicely edited, 5/5 for editing but it just didn't come together very well. After the Yoko parts and when Index came into it, it felt like an awkward transitioning since the style and mood of the video suddenly changed too dramatically; confusing. I think the vid should have either been like the start all the way through or been completely like the Index, Black Shooter and Diebuster parts.

VIDOK
Org Profile

Post by VIDOK » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:45 am

Code, this clip is an idea. Apologize for Google translate.
The meaning of the clip that the man - a being who can never stop, he always wants more. The main heroine of this clip was lucky - it could be anyone, if she can only wish this. Therefore, throughout the work she tries it one way or another and can not decide.
Also here, there are secondary characters, such as the guy who constantly teases his girlfriend by their charms, but does not allow them even to touch. Another character wants to gain incredible power, but to get it, you destroy other people with abilities. Eventually he becomes so strong that it goes further - into space, which also is a kind of struggle for power.
A scene from the White Album represents the set of mask, which is trying on our main character. And the very end of the TV, where Yoko stretches, but it "disconnect" - an allusion to the fact that if someone can not stop yourself, then you need to help him, otherwise he will lose control of themselves and their lives.
V for VIDOK [FS] Opium-V

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:52 am

=x totally didn't get any of that story, you should add the above post to your video description page comments =P

VIDOK
Org Profile

Post by VIDOK » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:01 am

OropherZero wrote:=x totally didn't get any of that story, you should add the above post to your video description page comments =P
I never try to openly communicate meaning. If someone finds something or see without my help, then I would be pleased. Let everyone decide for himself - there is meaning or not. Well, for my part I try to give reason and the one and the other side.
V for VIDOK [FS] Opium-V

Maniaki
Org Profile

Post by Maniaki » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:21 am

VIDOK wrote:
OropherZero wrote:=x totally didn't get any of that story, you should add the above post to your video description page comments =P
I never try to openly communicate meaning. If someone finds something or see without my help, then I would be pleased. Let everyone decide for himself - there is meaning or not. Well, for my part I try to give reason and the one and the other side.
only thing that I actually felt was the fact that i was willing to stretch my hands down to screen and grab yoko... and you know..
and ofc that gave me wonder about the idea of this amv, and the main theme i saw in this video was men's addiction to woman's body and nature, our tendency to gain that untouchable beauty.
I also liked the intro though it was kind of OFF from the whole vid, didnt see any connections.
Simple.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 am

Not sure what to say about this. Felt like I watched dance amv short then an action amv short with like no transition between it. The action part had parts where it came off as dance inbetween it as well. Both of the halves were edited really well but they just didn't mix. If there is some kind of theme or concept in this video, I don't think anyone would get it other then the person who created it. Well all that aside it was still a very enjoyable watch, mainly just for the sync. I think a bit more overall focus on scenes and anime choice mixing would of made this an epic video or in another words sticked to dance editing or action editing not both.

4/5
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”