War of Two (remastered)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Gaurry
Org Profile

War of Two (remastered)

Post by Gaurry » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Maybe the best "Code Geass"-character profile vid.
HD-version. Remastered.

upd: the local-link for low-resolution version is added.
Last edited by Gaurry on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: War of Two (remastered)

Post by Otohiko » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Ok, is there any point to the noise in this video except for it to inexplicably disappear for 1/3 of the time, therefore suddenly making the remaining 2/3 automatically look like shit and make the file 200mb?
What's with the colour rainbow? This isn't fucking Gankutsuou. Stop pretending it is.
There's mecha all over this. You lied.
And lol horizontal flip.

Seriously, this isn't a bad video, but I'm sorry - the actual editing (i.e. timing and every manner of actual SYNC) here is REALLY, really banally simple. It's on the level of finesse and originality that's normally associated with "noobs" that you so insistently harass yourself in announcements. You can try all you want, but the fact that you put noise over 2/3 of the video and used bizarre colour filters and horizontal flip on most of the video for no reason at all doesn't hide this videos' fundamental banality. At a normal AMVing level, it's a normal video, just with useless and lame effects all over it. Honestly, without them it would be less "original" but a lot more enjoyable. At your level of pretension, though, you should be ashamed.

I'm kinda disappoint :[
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:39 pm

The worst part about it is all of the damn noise and rainbows. I think Otohiko covered everything very well, so I'm just going to say x2.

Also, at 1:19, what's with Suzaku's hair in the bottom left corner? It looked like crap. :| The mask at 3:04 wasn't great either. And the scene of Euphy being shot and falling down was, imo, repeated too many times.
The ending didn't really make any sense to me. I mean, you can make her die, but what's that have to do with anything in your Character Profile? It's like all the attention gathered from the video was thrown on her, and because you ended it that way, it seemed like it was the central piece in your amv. Didn't make much sense, but that's just me. Overall, I didn't like it. Not the best Code-Geass character profile, sorry. :down:
Image Image

Gaurry
Org Profile

Post by Gaurry » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Otohiko, ты меня поражаешь. Если ты берешь книгу, у которой в аннотации написано, что она о каких-то персонажах, и читая ее обнаруживаешь, что там есть еще, к примеру, машины, на которых они ездят, ты пишешь автору книги гневное письмо, что книга не об обещанных персонажах? XD
Otohiko wrote: What's with the colour rainbow? This isn't fucking Gankutsuou. Stop pretending it is.
После этого мне лишь остается использовать твою любиую мысль про тупых буржуев)) Ты, наверно, и гамбургер из макдональдса без огурчиков представить не можешь))
The mask at 3:04 wasn't great either
mask at 3:04? :shock:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:02 pm

I hate it when I have to google translate things from this site. It makes for a completely amusing time reading it, but then I have to honestly think... Is that what they really meant?! :lol:

Anyway, I had some pretty interesting feelings regarding the video. It wasn't bad. The rainbow coloring was cool in some places, overdone and weird in others. I thought it was really slowly paced for the song, but that worked in a few areas.

As a Code Geass fan, it was ok for me. Nothing overly spectacular, but nothing overly bad either. 3/5

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Gaurry wrote: mask at 3:04? :shock:
Idk, what is it? Kallen is standing there, with some weird blue blob behind her, and there are white pixels on her side, as if she wasn't masked right.
Image Image

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Гаурри, ну во первых про мехов это я так... на постере ж написано! Я так и понял что без мехов. Хотя впринципе на мое мнение о клипе это никак не влияет. Пускай будут мехи.
И вообще похоже тон моего поста не совсем дошел в переводе >_>

А в остальном клип-то на самом деле нормальный. Меня просто сильно бесит всякая лишняя мурня с цветом итп. - ну в глазах рябит. В той же Музе у тебя например с цветом решения подходят. И в глазах от них не рябит. А тут имхо во первых лишнее, во вторых некрасиво. Не рябило бы в глазах так смотрел бы с удовольствием и не ругался. А так просто банально как то выходит, и общее впечатление совсем не то...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Once again, google translate has made me a very smiley person. :lol:

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Gaurry wrote: Maybe the best "Code Geass"-character profile vid.
I sincerely doubt that, and it's frankly a bit presumptious to say it is.

Slow editing is nice in itself, and you showed some maturity in it, but the excruciatingly simple form and lack of attention to pace, mood or timbre got mundane really quick.

The story worked abstractly at best, so the text made absolutely no sense (And the clear machinations it of broke the immersion to shambles.) The effects were gratuitous and pointless, and the repetition of those couple of scenes was very annoying.
Last edited by Vivaldi on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Thepooh
Org Profile

Post by Thepooh » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:13 pm

HD-version. Remastered.

With 193 MO. I'll not call this remastered uncompressed should be a better term.
This is painfully generic for somebody who boasts originality so hard
Second that.

Code Geass + Disturbed, damn...

However, it's a good clip. An interesting color correction and the storyline is easily understandable (even if it's just the original screenplay with minus changes...). I think we can't say it's a bad amv, and most of people who will say that will be more influenced by your name and by your sentence than by the clip itself.

Finally it's just a code geass' clip (Zero who killed Euphy....OH Suzaku is angry he wants to kill Zero mecha fight YEAHHH). Original ? Yes. Like those

4 / 5
Maybe the best "Code Geass"-character profile vid.
Probably Maybe not
THEPOOHMINATORUSREX (Youtube)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”