Advice on filters

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Taite
Org Profile

Advice on filters

Post by Taite » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:47 pm

I'm in the process of preprocessing Paradise Kiss, and I'd like some advice on sharpening. In some scenes the anime appears pretty nicely sharpened (see last screencap) but in other scenes the lines are a dull gray and look like they could use some sharpening and/or darkening. But like I said, this isn't every scene, so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and sharpen/darken, or just leave it? If you have any advice on what to do and any filters to use, I'd be grateful. However, I've had difficulties downloading FastLineDarken or whatever it is and I can't seem to get it to work, so I can't use it.
Any other useful filters to use during preprocessing would be nice too, just to make it flawless.

Please ignore the crappy quality, the source itself is pretty clean. The images were just badly badly compressed.

Thanks (:
Image Image

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Advice on filters

Post by mirkosp » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:30 am

The former screenshots are meant to look like that because they were taken at the atelier. They have an added glow, if you notice, it's only normal if the lines don't look quite as sharp and contrasted as the last screenshot, which is from a scene outside in the sun.
I'd say leave it be as it is.

However... you are using the DVDs and not some downloaded thing, right?

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:23 am

mirkosp wrote:The former screenshots are meant to look like that because they were taken at the atelier. They have an added glow, if you notice, it's only normal if the lines don't look quite as sharp and contrasted as the last screenshot, which is from a scene outside in the sun.
I'd say leave it be as it is.

However... you are using the DVDs and not some downloaded thing, right?
That's what I thought, I noticed outside scenes didn't look the same. Thanks for clearing that up for me (:

And yessir, just ripped the dvds a couple days ago. The quality in the images does not compare to how it really looks. I'm not very good with still-images >_>
Image Image

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:39 am

It's meant to look like that. Also, some surefine MPEG-2 happening there that you might want to fix. FYI with still images, your colourimetry is off.

Return to “AviSynth Help”