Audio Timing Off.

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:06 pm

Master_Shinigami666 wrote:
Autraya wrote:
Master_Shinigami666 wrote:all u need to do, is go back to the origional project file and move the sound file over until the video files matche
ZOMG!! that totally fixed all sync problems with WMM!! :evil:
yeah it does :roll:
yeah Aut, this kiddo obviously knows more about it than you. I think he should write the next sticky :O
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Re: Audio Timing Off.

Post by Arigatomina » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:34 pm

BJR wrote:And when i save it there is a great big chunk of nothing at the end that i cant get rid of. Any Tips?
Convert your audio file to wav and reimport it. Make sure the last video clip in your timeline ends when the audio does. If there's still a chunk of silent black space at the end of the video, chop it off in virtualdub.

If you're using wav, try ripping the song again (or converting the original mp3 to wav again) because it sounds like your audio file is wma, or a really nasty mp3. If you're using a still frame at the end (a picture file or a clip that's slowed down a whole bunch), zoom in on your timeline and chop the end of that clip off so the video matches the end of the audio exactly. Try to never let one end before the other.

lynit
Org Profile

Post by lynit » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:46 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:As a point of knowledge, this is a known problem with WMM and one of the reasons people tend to switch to other editing programs.
Yeah. Another way that I used to fix this is to play it through from the beginning.
<Stirspeare> Otohiko: You guys sure love dongs.

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:14 am

post-it wrote:WMM and WMM2 are NOT real-time editors; as such, you will need to match the Audio to the Video my magic :oops:
[ don't ask, we haven't figured it out either! ]
or single frame accurate either for that matter :cry: *waves magic wand*

BJR - if you Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a> it will tell you the basics of virtual dubb as per Arigatomina's suggestion for chopping.

Kikai - yes you are right I bow to his supperior wisdom and experience in fact since the meaning of life is also 42 that must answer all questions about creation and religion... so this means we no longer need this section of the forum, the solution is so simple, so obvious I can't believe the thousands of editors before him didn't figure that out. I am so smitten by his amazing insight perhaps he will teach me the wisdom of the true path to using WMM. After that I shall bear his children out into the world and spread the word of our new savior and the method for perfect sync.
new banzors in the making :p

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:56 am

Autraya, it's no worries. I still for some reason worship you. and since I'm the only important one. All hail teh Outback.

BJR
Org Profile

Post by BJR » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:58 pm

fixed it :lol: Thanks for the help lol

zerosysko
Org Profile

Post by zerosysko » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:56 am

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one! I was searching the Internet for how to fix these infuriating problems with audio in WMM but I kept finding next to nothing. Now I know it's a widespread problem and it IS the program, not my compy. I'm buyin' a new program, that's for sure.

saiyanlogo
Org Profile

Post by saiyanlogo » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:34 am

This happends to me too... i always just restart from the very beggining...

Skitzophreak
Org Profile

Post by Skitzophreak » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:25 pm

I had this problem and it was because the audio files i was using were mp3, convert the files to .wav format and the problem will be resolved

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:47 pm

Actually, I have a problem with audio timing, but it's a bit... odd.

The file I save is actually SHORTER than the one in Movie Maker. (I checked)
It's not a significant amount (originally 2:54.40, the export is 2:53.74, so it's .66 seconds shorter) but it's enough to take all the trouble I went through with synchronization and spit on it when I put in the audio.:evil: I even saved it WITHOUT the audio to see if it would make any difference; it doesn't seem to work, it's still off.

I checked, and they're all the same framerate, uncompressed, and exported as a DV-NTSC at the same framerate as the files that were imported, so I can't figure it out. (which isn't saying much, since I have little to no idea what I'm doing)

Does a huge number of clips (94) and a few fades throw it off, I wonder?

Or (this seems more likely to me) does it get the actual length of the movie wrong? (because I've resized clips without slowdown effects and couldn't get the same length for the clip as I had before, so I went with the closest thing, which it said was off by .02 seconds; Movie Maker didn't notice and said the total length of the video was the same)

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”