Official Anime Mid-Atlantic 2006 AMV Contest *RESULTS*

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:07 pm

LunaAislin wrote:PRIZES!!!! WOOT!!!

AWESOME! All the videos were really great this year it was such a totally close margin! A special congrats to snap who won the judges award and the adobe production studio pro package. I'm SOO jealous! :D

All of the attending finalist recieved custom AMV finalist badges with a character from the series thier video was made from etc. (If we could find you at the convention)

The panel went awesome. Better turnout than ever thanks so much to everyone! Finalist who attended the panel recieved a set of Adobe Classroom in a Book series Premier & After Effects and they also recieved a DVD. In addition we gave away many DVDs and several patches during the panel selected by random tickets.

Topics Covered in the panel:
About the AMA Contest, How finalist are selected, how videos are judged, how we count audience votes, common software, how to rip dvd footage, lip synch, photoshop tricks, interlacing, aspect ratio, common mistakes, what makes a good video, what works for conventions and what doesnt, and lots of other things i cant remember!

No technical issues arose during the contest and we managed to show all three showings on time!

and last but not least let me say there were alot of really great videos that had to be eliminated due to time restraints and THAT SUCKS! but I do hope you all will submit in 2007!

Joykiller really did an awsome job!
I'll have to check out those winners. Also, that panel sounded really cool. Maybe that's what we should do at A-kon. I also think those prizes are one hell of an incentive to enter ... damn, I could use that Adobe Production Studio Pro package! - Congratulations to all who entered and won ... lucky bastards!! :shock: 8-)

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:15 pm

AMA has to be one of the best cons for AMVs. You keep outdoing yourselves with those prizes. I'm seriously thinking about coming next year (this year cut too close with when I started work and my funds are a bit too low after going to Japan a couple of weeks ago).

Congrats to the winners and :thumbsup: to the staff!
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

HorrorPhD
Org Profile

Post by HorrorPhD » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:56 pm

Woot Katie!!!! I told you that hawt shiznite was gonna kick some booty!! Congrats!!!!

And many congrats to the other winners as well...looked like it was an awesome contest. :D
ImageImage

LunaAislin
Org Profile

Post by LunaAislin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:05 pm

Don't forget to contact us if you would like to have your prizes shipped. I'll apologize again for the sunk ship of 2005 (har har) We are handling it ourselves this year so just catch up with us before the end of the month and we can work it out.

-Kelly

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:58 am

Congrats to everybody!
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

snapxynith
Org Profile

Post by snapxynith » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:28 pm

Seriously Thanks for the congratulatories. I'm so psyched out, I've got a big custom job planned for next year. It's not a five week project like last time. I expect this one to take me all year....possibly a little longer. But I will definitely try to make some blockbuster material for myself.....oh right I'll try to let you people see it too. Who am I kidding, if I make it everybody I know gets a copy. Mad distribution pimpage. AMA Forever Peeps, ForEVA!

Joykiller
Longwinded Cynic
Org Profile

Post by Joykiller » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:43 pm

snapxynith wrote:Seriously Thanks for the congratulatories. I'm so psyched out, I've got a big custom job planned for next year. It's not a five week project like last time. I expect this one to take me all year....possibly a little longer. But I will definitely try to make some blockbuster material for myself.....oh right I'll try to let you people see it too. Who am I kidding, if I make it everybody I know gets a copy. Mad distribution pimpage. AMA Forever Peeps, ForEVA!
You have been a member for 2 years and this is your first and only post? Now I really feel like it was all worth it :) What an honor. You know that I will be expecting something awesome again from you next year right? :P Use that software to get us more good stuff to show :D
Former Anime Mid-Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator

snapxynith
Org Profile

Post by snapxynith » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:18 am

You'd better believe I'm going to work my friggin' hacker fingers to the bone to make it something spectacular. The storyboard is building, and if this keeps up if I'm supposed to top next year's AMV, I really am going to have to get a team on it because one man only has so many hours.

Solstice Phoenix
Org Profile

Post by Solstice Phoenix » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:27 pm

Hi everyone. Fawkes here. I'd like to say that I saw some wonderful stuff at the AMV showing for AMA and everyone who won definitely deserved it. This was my first AMV project so I was really surprised that I was able to win something.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=120636

Anyway, I uploaded mine so it can be linked on the front page of this thread.

nessonite
Org Profile

Post by nessonite » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:48 pm

I'm new to this forum so I apologize if bumping this thread is the wrong place to ask this. I was at the AMA contest and (like aretard) I didn't keep a list of all AMVs shown. Where can I get this list so I can get ahold of the non-winning AMVs that I really liked?

You put on a spectacular contest. I really enjoyed it and the panel was very informative and inspiring. Thanks!!

Return to “AMV Contests”