The AWA 2015 Professional Awards Video Review Thread

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Re: The AWA 2015 Professional Awards Video Review Thread

Post by drewaconclusion » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:57 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Alright time for my reviews.
Spoiler :
:awesome:
Man, you put a hell of a lot of effort into those reviews.
ImageImage

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:44 pm

:bzz:
Doo to the massive amount of opinions and reviews pouring in we had to cut it off at 10, that's all the opinions this thread can handle, sorry yaaaalll :awesome:

Spoiler :
:bzz: :bzz: :puppy:

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:35 pm

I truly hate you all. :shrug:
Spoiler :

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:08 pm

Okay, my reviews are below. Some general thoughts on the contest, first. I thought this year had several very strong videos that I liked a lot, but also a metric ton of videos that were awful. I was very opinionated on almost every video I watched -- I either liked or loved it, or hated it. As such, this wasn't my favorite year for viewing...and if you don't like criticism (and I tried to be constructive, but I failed a lot, sorry), then don't read below :P

I'm struggling between three or four videos as my favorites...I'll wait until after final voting to say anything, but as I've scored every video below it should be obvious. Also, I'm fairly certain I know who made which video for a lot of these...many of you have a distinct style and it comes through :P Not a bad thing, just something I noticed as I was viewing.

Oh, and I didn't review any of the hentai videos (sorry guys, it's a personal choice thing), but I did review everything that was in the original batch of non-hentai videos...some of which were DQ'd. You got a review anyway. EDIT: Nevermind to that last point, only one DQ'd video was in my batch as I was reviewing them, that stupid lolligerjoj-wannabe video.
Spoiler :
103 - Having made a video to this song myself, I'm already pretty biased, but from as objective a standpoint as I can take I just didn't like it. The sync was almost non-existent; disappointing because the song just has so many great opportunities. Paired with a general lack of concept and an awkward mixing of 2D and 3D animation (and a live action scene), it just felt sloppy. - 3/10

111 - The first Free! video I've seen that doesn't devolve into fangirl-pandering. I liked it – solid storytelling, at least. There was too much camera motion/shake/zooms though, and I tend to hate that when it's overdone. It's okay for a scene to just be stationary. Really. - 6.5/10

117 - Nice enough, but doesn't really do anything to stand out. It's okay. - 6/10

135 - Not bad, it's a creative, fun video. Most of my nitpicks have to do with editing choices, like poor lip sync, and especially that text...ugh. Otherwise a nice video. This would do well at cons. - 6.5/10

154 - This needed way, way more editing to work. Just felt lazy. - 4/10

164 - Eh? If this was a joke I don't get it. Why not make a whole video out of this? Felt like a throwaway video someone patched together at the last minute just to be in Pro. - 3/10

172 - This was a really bad song/video combo. I guess the editing was okay but the chosen video source was just so off that I really couldn't get into it, in any way, shape or form. - 2.5/10

178 - Good editing kept my interest, but only barely. I have no affinity for either the song or the video source so it didn't leave much of an impression. Meh. - 5/10

182 - Okay I'm confused. Is using the song “Granite” and then not doing any actual editing a thing now? Because I don't like it if it is. - 1/10

185 - Props for making your own dialogue, rather than just using an existing trailer's, but it still felt flat. There were audio issues with some of the recorded voices and the editing was...uninspiring. - 4.5/10

204 - Boring, and encoded with the wrong aspect ratio (should be 2.33:1). The cuts and everything were okay but nothing about it grabbed me. Felt really, really predictable. - 3.5/10

278 - Yay, you know how to use a 3D modeling program. Take this tech demo crap somewhere else. - 0.5/10

282 - Eh, it was fine. Pretty much a standard Ghibli video, didn't do anything I haven't seen a million times before. I liked that it was simple and there was nothing fancy, but I'm just so sick of this song and I think that kept me from enjoying the video more (as I usually like Ghibli videos like this, even if they are overdone). - 6/10

308 - As someone who's never seen Breaking Bad, this didn't make me want to watch it any more. I can't speak to how well the combination works, as unfortunately it depends entirely on one's familiarity with the source. The editing was nice though. - 4/10

310 - I wish I liked the song more because I thought the combo worked and the editing was solid. Only thing that really bugged me was the stock TV filter effect (cringe) and the HUD overlay that was used on a lot of the first half. Neither effect was really necessary at all. - 6.5/10

314 - I've only seen one other YLIA video up until this point, but I feel like this is pretty much how all of them go. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing...this video was nice, and it was edited well, but there were some instances of lip flap that should have been fixed and a couple zooms that shouldn't have been there. But the biggest problem is WHY DID YOU CUT THE SONG?? There was still like two minutes left and the song just stopped. WTF? Ugh, come one. - 6.5/10

326 - Weird and creepy. I generally liked it. I can't find anything specific to complain about. - 7/10

352 - Don't like this style of editing. Too many zooms, way more cuts than necessary, too many useless effects...felt way over-edited. - 5/10

383 - This was above average, although I've seen these kinds of FLCL videos plenty of times before. The masked transitions were totally unnecessary though. - 6.5/10

387 - Awesome. Excellent mix of internal and external sync, and a really well-executed and clear concept. The integration of live action was pretty cool as well, although I wish there had been a little more of it for the sake of consistency. Only real problem I have is that there were some really ugly and obvious stock effects. - 8/10

404 - This worked surprisingly well. I enjoyed it, definitely. It was unexpected and unique. Nice job. - 7.5/10

406 - Good storytelling, but not much else grabbed me. The editing was especially bland; would have loved to see more internal sync rather than resorting to white flashes for the fast drum rolls. - 5.5/10

410 - Blah, trailers...the whole first half of this one was a mess, needed way more (and better) lip sync. The second half was slightly better, but the lip sync was still pretty sloppy. - 5/10

423 - So so so so so so tired of this song, and AMVs made with it. This one doesn't bring anything new to the table, and is pretty much as standard and predictable a Kill la Kill video as you can think of. Needed more focus, more story, less Fall Out Boy. - 4.5/10

436 - Iiiinteresting combination, it worked well. It's nothing I really want to watch again (mainly because I can't stand the song), but the story was REALLY well-told and the anime was a perfect fit. Wish you hadn't used so many quick crossfades though, hard cuts would have been better I think. - 7/10

442 - Yup, this was fantastic. Excellent, balanced mix of sync styles, energy was maintained all the way through, just an all-around great video. - 8.5/10

459 - Really good lip sync, and actually as a trailer it was edited how I'd want something like this to be edited. I don't like AMV trailers in general, but this wasn't bad. I think it would have been funnier if there had been rabbit ears on the one character throughout the whole video though. - 7/10

471 - Phenomenal. I liked it from pretty much the first scene, but the last 30 seconds absolutely convinced me. This was a really good video, and the first one to make me laugh out loud. Excellent excellent excellent. - 9/10

473 - It worked, but there were a lot of scenes that didn't work as well as others, so it felt pretty inconsistent. Still, not too shabby. - 6.5/10

480 - Ehhhh...didn't care much for this. I just didn't find it all that funny I guess :/ - 4.5/10

485 - Generally a good video. There were a few points where the scene selection felt a little awkward, and I spotted a few visual glitches (where the scene kinda “skipped”), but it worked pretty well. This could grow on me. - 7.5/10

487 - Not the type of video I would expect using Mad Max, which I think is why I liked it. The editing was competent, it told a story, and was just a good drama video. Nice work! - 8/10

501 - Interesting, kind of a reverse Toradora! video. I thought the concept was good, and the story was well-told, although it depended pretty much entirely on the song lyrics...most of the scene selection consisted of the eyes/hands/faces tripe that passes for a lot of romance videos these days. Still...can't help but acknowledge that it was unexpected, and I like that. - 6/10

506 - Good, not great. The editing was inconsistent, and near the end it felt like it was kinda starting to drag. Also way too many blur fades. But, the song fit really well and it kept my attention. - 7/10

520 - A great concept, and a really good audio/anime combination, ruined by very un-energetic editing. This could have worked so well if there had been more cuts and more intensity, but as it was it felt like the video was way too slow for the audio...shame. - 5/10

523 - What a pretty video! I quite liked this, but the effects were all over the place. None of them, on their own, were bad, exactly, I just really felt like they could have been used with more consistency and direction. Seems like you kinda just threw a bunch of different effects you were experimenting with into one video, when you could have focused in on a couple and changed their presentation throughout the video for variety. Still, this was cute! - 7.5/10

524 - Love the internal sync and storytelling, and I think the song choice was perfect. Really interesting video. - 8/10

542 - I get why you chose the anime you did for the audio, but the fact that all the voiceovers were male, and were being paired with female anime characters, just completely and utterly disengaged me from the whole thing. This works for comedy trailers, but for dramatic things like this is just looks silly and completely robs the video of its impact. Beyond that, many of the facial expressions didn't match up with the emotions in the voices, and those moments ended up feeling very flat anyway. Editing was otherwise very good though, just...not a great combination from a practical standpoint. - 4/10

548 - Well uh...that was unexpected. I can't exactly say I liked it, but...it wasn't a bad video. Just not really something I want to watch again. It was edited well, I've got nothing against it objectively (although I wish maybe there was a little more lip sync, it completely disappears after like the first minute), it's just not something I feel like I need to watch more than once based on the nature of the audio/anime combo alone. - 6/10

581 - Very emotional, very clear story, but I felt like it could have been edited a little better, although it was okay the way it was. Only thing that really bothered me was those weird blur fades...they weren't needed at all, this would have sufficed with just cuts and normal crossfades. Oh, and that song...yeesh, it's like the bottom of the barrel emo stuff I listened to in high school ten years ago, but props for making it work. - 7.5/10

584 - For a pure action video this was pretty good. If I didn't like anything about it, it was the purely random scene selection, but I know that story wasn't what you were going for so whatever. The combination worked and there was a fair amount of both internal and external sync so from an editing perspective I don't have very much to complain about. - 7/10

586 - ROFL...okaaaaaaay someone wants to be lolligerjoj. The most blatantly derivative video in the entire contest so far, and I know it's been DQ'd but I don't care, I'm calling you out on this crap. It's one thing to be influenced by another editor, but this goes beyond homage to just pure rip-off. Glad it's not going to be competing. - 1/10

588 - This could have worked, but I don't feel like it did. The scene selection was weak – most of the video was just shots of people riding bikes as seen from different angles. Not very compelling. Beyond that, the editing felt too slow for most of the song. It felt like a puzzle where the pieces were fit together all wrong. Everything was there to make this great, but as it is nothing fit together right. Also, too many quick crossfades :x Just use hard cuts... - 4/10

592 - Lots of problems with this one. The editing did not follow the music at all. Too much lip flap. Bad masking. Repeated scene usage in the last minute or so. Poor audio quality. Bad video quality. Color correction on the video was annoying...I get that it makes doing crossovers easier but it looks awful IMO. On the upside, it told a clear story, but when you sacrifice literally every other element of the video for this, it's not worth it. - 1.5/10

603 - I have almost no opinion on this video. I don't care for Captain America, and I hate this genre of music. It was edited competently but there is nothing here worth returning to. - 5/10

604 - Maybe I would find this funny if I saw it at a con, but otherwise not really. It was okay. I dunno. Meh. - 5/10

608 - This was fun! I liked the internal sync and the general vibe really fit with the song. Nothing to really complain about all that much, although there was some lip flap here and there that could have been fixed. - 8/10

611 - I liked the way this was edited, and the song choice was good. I also appreciated that it was short enough for the joke not to get stale. Good stuff. - 7.5/10

613 - What mind dreamt up that mashup? I couldn't take the song seriously so it was really hard to take the video seriously. The problem is that this was a pretty good (if somewhat run-of-the-mill) Madoka video, and if it had been edited with a less stupid song it would have worked pretty well. - 5.5/10

615 - This was a whimsical, fun little video with lots of really cool internal sync. I liked it a lot. My only complaint is that when you use an audio source like that, which is so old that you can hear the hiss of the low-fidelity recording equipment of the day, I feel like this needs to be reflected in the video somehow. Pairing audio like that to super-clean, HD footage just looks a little funky...even something as simple as a light film filter or gentle color fade with a soft vignette would go a long way to making the two feel more natural together. - 8/10

623 - Great video. Really fun sync throughout, great use of lip sync, this is a crowd-pleaser. - 8/10

626 - Felt really epic, which was cool. I was pretty indifferent towards both the anime and the song though so I had a hard time getting really into it, but the editing was solid throughout and it did pretty much everything right. - 7/10

641 - Ughh...Linkin Park. Just why. The editing is there (more or less), but dude...it's 2015, surely you have a better song choice for a random action video like this? - 4/10

656 - Cool video. There's really not much else for me to say about it, I didn't feel too strongly about it but the editing was very solid and the song choice was good for the anime you were using. - 7.5/10

668 - This video annoyed me because it had the potential to be one of the best in the contest – seriously, the anime/song combo worked really well and you told the story excellently – but the editing just completely ruined it for me. What's with all the blurs? And why is there a pan or zoom on every scene? I don't get it? Are people that afraid of stationary scenes where they have to edit motion into every single one? Uggghh, so frustrating, it just completely turns me off. - 6/10

674 - I remember bawling when I saw this episode of Pokemon. That said....didn't really care for the video. Too many repeat scenes, it really felt like you were working with the bare minimum of footage to make the concept work. I wish the concept had been fleshed out a little more :/ - 5.5/10

679 - Rofl, I really liked this. The editing got on my nerves from time to time (see 668), but it wasn't quite as bad as it could have been. The song/anime combo was just beyond perfect though, and you nailed the important bits and I enjoyed this for the most part. - 8/10

690 - Aka “Angsty Facial Expressions: The Music Video”. This was just really awkward, and it didn't work on any level. - 2/10

696 - I'm not sure how to classify this, and if I didn't know something about the video source I would have been really confused. But it was hanging in Limbo between comedy, drama, and parody, and I don't feel like it did any one of those all the way so it just kind of felt sloppy. - 4.5/10

704 - This was quite good...editing-wise, things could have been tighter all around, but I loved the mood of the video and the song/anime combo was well-chosen. I wish I liked the song better, but regardless this is still one of the better videos from the contest so far. - 8/10

771 - “What if Will Farrell made an AMV?” - 3.5/10

773 - What was the point of this video? No story, practically no editing, no reason to use the song you used. Really bad. - 1/10

779 - Wow, this was not good. What was with the voiceovers? Completely robbed the video of its mood. And there were serious framerate issues; not sure if this had to do with the encode, or with you slowing down the footage in your editing program, but it was really choppy. Also, that part in the middle of the video where you just used shots from the anime opening...didn't feel like doing any editing there, eh? - 1.5/10

803 - I didn't get it, sorry :/ - 3/10

820 - FOB + various anime?? BE STILL MY HEART. - 4/10

844 - Very very good. I've seen videos that do this comic book thing before, so it's nothing new, but it was done really well here, and your choice of Space Dandy with this song was perfect. Loved the internal sync, loved the subtle masking here and there, loved pretty much everything about this. - 8.5/10

879 - Good use of effects. Can't speak for much else on this. It worked, but I don't like trailers in general so it didn't do anything for me. - 6/10

889 - Dark. I liked it. The last scene was way out of place though – I mean I get it because I've seen Jin-Roh, but to anyone else it was probably confusing and weird and it definitely felt misplaced. - 7.5/10

895 - Actually much better than I had anticipated, but still full of issues. The visual quality was bad, and there were several portions where the quality got worse – looked like you were using a different source altogether. The effects use, while thankfully sparse, was ugly, and those voiceovers...totally unnecessary and distracting. It was not a bad drama video (and that's high praise as I tend to write off Naruto videos without a second thought), but it was marred by a lot of technical problems and poor editing choices. - 5/10

913 - If you're using Vegas, please make sure you disable resample on your video track(s) before the final export...trust me, it'll look a lot better because you won't have all that ghosting on the speed-adjusted clips. That really distracted me in this video, which was otherwise a fine, if somewhat boring action piece. - 5.5/10

925 - Lol, excellent combination, solid editing, good joke. I enjoyed it. - 7/10

949 - Don't care if it's a troll video, this is hysterical. - 7/10

957 - Epic video that feels huge and expansive. Loved that it was simple, loved the aesthetic, the editing was very solid...this was a very captivating video. Plus, space flight. - 8/10

964 - Nice! Very dramatic, well-told story. I didn't care for a lot of the fast cuts, but that's a small issue – this was a great simple, effective little drama video. - 7.5/10

966 - Nope, didn't like this one at all. Hated the song, hated the anime, the editing did nothing for me. Just a personally distasteful video. - 4/10

977 - Yes yes yes. Absolutely lovely video. Loved the editing, scene selection, and general message of the video. Superbly fantastic. - 9/10

987 - Nice video. I don't really have anything to say about it; it accomplishes its purpose and is edited well enough. - 7/10

999 - Meeeehhh. Not being a fan of Rammstein, it was super hard to get into this. The editing was decent, although a little perplexing at times – what was with those colored backgrounds? Looked odd and wasn't applied consistently enough to make any conceptual sense. - 5/10

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Most of these are very silly.
Spoiler :
AWA Reviews

PART I - “If The AMV Could Talk” edition

(It’s important to remember that this is how I perceive the AMV speaking / writing. Some of the AMVs are definitely narcissistic, others are bashful, and others still are quite bizarre. The commentary is not intended to be taken too seriously; please understand that no ill intent is intended.)

103 - I live to show you all the nostalgic scenes from your childhood, and also a few re-used animation sequences from older stuff. Oh, but look, it’s the Lion King! What? Frozen? Never heard of it.

111 - You think you know me? You don’t know me. Let me show you the dramatic side of this swimming show. I’ve got lots of flashy and well done color correction and motion. I like to think I’m done by a Europeon editor, but my creator is probably American.

117 - This show is very topical and let me tell you about all that KEN BURNS that I have! I have some really excellent scene selection and touching moments. Please like me, I am shy but have a lot to say ><

135 - I’m about Sharks. Really, don’t ask me if I’m serious. Just watch me. Sharks have feelings too, y’know. Oh, also I have a lot of funny moments. This has nothing to do with me being a Shark, though.

154 - My creator REALLY wanted to treat you to the most luxurious bit rate you’ll ever see! OPEN YOUR EYES AND WITNESS THE GLORY OF MODERN POST-APOCALYPTIC WASTELANDS. More time could probably have been spent on my sync, but really, who cares about that anyway? Look at all the SHINY EXPLOSIONS!!

164 - Hey, I’m not going to lie to you. I’m a straightforward Ouran video, but I’m probably a good pairing and I have a lot of good ideas! I think! I wish I were a little longer, but I still get my point across.

172 - Man, it’s hard removing lip flap from Disney movies! Hey, remember the Lion King? No? (Yes?) Well, great! YOU’RE GETTIN’ A RECAP! Strap yourself in for over four minutes of epic Lion King action. Sorry if you don’t think the Mufasa scene (haha, yea, you know the one!) fits, this is all about plot recap!

178 - I really wish Riot had more animations! But I’m still a cool video, regardless! Watch me while you’re waiting in queue.

182 - Dude, this show is so weird. Let me show you. Just. How. Weird. It. Is. No, I can’t cut any of this fight, this is CRUCIAL to understanding the plot. Really, the fight scene is a metaphor for life in an increasingly technocratic society. Pretty soon we’re going to be driving in life size hot mobiles to outer space dressed as ninjas (NOT power rangers). Where will it end? Hey, don’t go! I still have so much more to say!

185 - There was a lot of work put into me. Right? I mean, there’s some fan provided voicework (you can tell it’s authentic because of all the clipping). But seriously, yea, I’m pretty cool.

204 - You kids and your anime. I’m an action video in LIVE action! I have pretty good flow and scene selection, but my sync is pretty much all reliant on scene changes. Wish I had some internal sync! Still, I’ll make you really want to watch this movie. Damn, just look at Shishio! That bastard looks SICK!

278 - Holy SHIT let me tell you about this car. It’s got WHEELS and NUTS and BOLTS and like a million pieces. DO YOU EVEN SEE THIS!?!?!? I can’t believe how insane the Wechselrichter is. Personally, I recommend rewatching that part like a million times. The Pedalerie is pretty cool too, but let’s be real, it’s no Wechselrichter.

282 - I’m your Ghibli-bait movie. Do you love Ghibli? I sure do! (Seriously, I do, it’s so nice!) Some of my sync and flow could probably be better, but I think I have great scene selection!

308 - Damn, my creator really nailed this pairing. I’m not going to say too much about myself, just watch me!

310 - This is a great pairing. I’m confident of this fact. And I’ve got some pretty nice overlay action happening. But I’m not really good at internal sync. Or much sync, for that matter.

314 - I’m going to show you a nice, warm and sentimental video. Tragic? What? What do you mean, I’m really upbeat! You’ve got some strange ideas. Just watch me and enjoy the mood already.

326 - ……………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………………
………………………………………………………………………………….i…
……………………………………………………………………….m…………
…………………………………………………………..a………………………
…………...l………………………………….o…………………………………
………...n……………………………………………...e………………………
…………...a…………………………...n…………………….d………………
………………….a…………………………………………..f……………………
…...r……………………….a………………………….i………………………
.d………….

352 - Life is but a futile dream. Also, I have lots of tv simulator-esque filters and some crazy motion. ultimately, though, my scene selection veers towards lots of faces and close up shots. And i’ve got some weird text at the end. But it’s ok, because I’m still what’s cool and hip these days!

383 - I’m a 2000’s-era nostalgia bomb. Prepare to get rekt. Cool masks, bro.

387 - In the future, every robot has a voice. They’ll have a lot to say, but you can’t hear it. Humans weren’t built for perceiving such emotions.

404 - Yea, I’ve read the books. Game of Thrones is really about villifying the negativity in the world; everyone’s actually really jazzed about everything! In this alternate retelling, each character has a completely different fate:
  • Tyrion - starts a brothel named The Lioness’s Roar with fund money provided by his loving father, Tywin. His brother, Jaime, frequently carouses throughout Casterly Rock with Tyrion singing The Rains of Castamere at the top of his lungs, much to the grimace of his lord father.
  • Littlefinger - creates a new form of currency with his great friend, Varys, based on the speculative value of the Wall and everything in the vast uncharted north. Despite being eternal con-men and manipulators, the two find great joy in improving the lives of everyone in King’s Landing with money built off lies.
  • The Starks - write a book about traveling throughout Westeros. Despite their naive and conservative ways, their book is incredibly successful, due in part to a powerful endorsement by Stannis Baratheon who wrote “The Starks may be softies at heart, but they understand justice, which makes them kinda ok in my opinion.” Ned Stark uses the money gained from sales to add a new extension to Winterfell dedicated to Lyanna.
  • Joffrey Lannister - Becomes a wise and charismatic ruler after his foster-father, Robert Baratheon, secedes the throne to pursue his true passion of being a professional hunter and whoremonger. Joffrey rules with a just and merciful hand under the expert tutelage of Tywin.
  • Daenarys Targaryen - travels throughout the world with her humanitarian organization, Dragons Without Borders. She improves the lives of countless thousands in her quest to peacefully resolve conflict and improve human living conditions. Her brother, Viserys, opens an inn on Dragonstone named “Waking the Dragon.” It’s immensely successful thanks to his opulent and artisan brewed draft, “Liquid Gold.”
  • Cersei - is still a bitch.
406 - A somber sight
many beautiful colors
alight with flames

410 - Tom Cruise is my hero. He’s in this anime.

423 - I represent two cool, hip things mashed together. I’m a little behind the curve and I’m hoping that people have a short memory, but I do a pretty decent job!

PART II - Anything Goes

(All reviews past this point will be inspired by the video, but are not necessarily a reflection of the video’s personified voice)

436 - Small shadows flicker
revealing a lonely smile
unseen and faded

442 - Aang is a cool dude. This is a cool video. Avatar is a cool show. It’s all cool. I wish Korra was as good as this, but unfortunately they never managed to capture the sense of place and overarching plot as well as The Last Airbender. And really, when it comes down to it, watching a hero’s journey is more entertaining than the teenage angst and melodrama of Korra’s lower points. In other news, this video is really entertaining and has some awe-inspiring moments of internal sync.

459 - True story: I loved Space Jam so much as a kid, I listened to the soundtrack in my parent’s car on cassette. Endlessly. I played it so much that I knew the lyrics to “Fly Like an Eagle” by heart. I could recite “I Believe I could Fly” backwards. Well, maybe not quite.

Right so this video is decent, but the dissonance created by the characters / monsters speaking just makes the concept feel half-realized. I know there probably isn’t anything you can do to fix that, but it bothered me. I appreciated all the effects though.

471 - Literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync literal sync. VERY GOOD JOB but the part with the film reel felt a bit weird. That’s the only thing though, the rest is pretty ingenious. Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time. In my top 3, at least. I love the atmosphere and the thought of a castle in the midst of a forbidden forest, and the WEST WING WITH FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE. ARGH, it ticks off some my favorite literary tropes.

473 - Spongebob is weird.

480 - This video totally missed an opportunity to use really slow-motion footage of Gendo looking terrible in black and white. That’s a crucial factor in a properly executed political smear video. That being said, wow.

485 - Tangled is good but Rapunzel is such a Mary Sue. This is a pretty good retelling of the movie, in fact, I feel like I just watched it again.

487 - Post apocalyptic settings have always fascinated me, especially the ones that forego the typical settings and try something a bit different. Chrono Trigger did this fantastically by painting a hellish landscape devoid of hope and life, with such crumbling authenticity. Mad Max looks like a similarly well crafted piece. If this video could talk, it would say “In the future, everyone drives classic cars retrofitted with skulls and industrial doodads. And guns. Those too.”

501 - For this video, I must summon a powerful and wise spirit for advice. Oh most venerable and ancient specter, impart your wisdom! What does this video need to succeed?

“.................................................keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

506 - The Flying Pussyfoot. Try to think of a better name for a train, I dare you. I’ll give you a few minutes, it’s fine.

Yea, I thought so. It’s impossible. Now my thoughts of this video: it’s a fairly well executed pairing. It could use a bit more polish to scene selection and sync, but the flow is pretty spot on.

520 - A voice whispers in the dark. “ken burns… lip synch burrrrns ussss” That’s weird, right? Right.

523 - Bubbles beneath us
ripple and grow in summer
reflections apart

I love this video. Perfect song choice and sublime scene selection.

524 - This anime is drugs. The highest quality opiate. I would have liked to see some more motion at times. The AMV would like to add “Sometimes you don’t need to add motion to everything. It’s my artistic vision, yo.” I respectfully disagree with the video, though it is at least respectful.

542 - These little girls sound like men. What are they putting in those army rations!? It’s very strange to hear those MANLY MAN voices come out of those petite bodies.

548 - This video starts out rather cute but turns SUPER SRS very quickly. It’s pretty decent, but the audio recording sounds a bit rough at times. The video is very eager to say this: “Don’t take your father-daughter relationship for granted. Also red text is the best.”

581 - A voice calls from beyond the sixth gate, “...................coooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllddddddddddddddddd haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee ussssssseeeeeeeedd mooooooooooooooore cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuts” A pause. “weeeeellllllllllllll, actuuuuuuuuuuuuually, iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas preeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty gooooooooood flllooooooooooooooooooooow.”

584 - Vinnie P is the biggest dawg in the yard. Pretty nice action video, though I really wish there was more care taken with the way the intro was handled, as well as the reliance on external sync. That being said, the combo works well. The video says this: “Aladdin ain’t got shit on this shizz!!!”

588 - This is the most intense bike-ride I’ve ever seen. I feel like it’s a bit TOO frenetic for the music at times. The video would like to impart this wisdom: “Bike riding is VERY dangerous. It’s also rather epic.”

592 - It’s that damn spirit again. I should never have summoned that thing… “thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis viideoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds beeeeeeeeeeetter auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudio aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand mooooooooooooooore twiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.” I do have to agree, though I’d question the necessity of the twitch recommendation. Lots of lip-flap and static clips that could have been better. Still, good mood.

“YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

Shut up, spirit. Nobody likes you.

603 - The compositing at the end is pretty sweet, though I wonder if that’s the opening credits sequence being overlaid. Regardless, it looks cool. Sabaton makes some cheesy-ass power metal and it works gloriously well here. If I had to distill the essence of this video into one word, that word would be “Patriot-action.” It’s hyphenated, I know. But it’s true.

604 - Is It Wrong To Think About Eating Vegetables In A Dungeon? I Can’t Believe This Isn’t A Vegetable? Listen To Me Girls, I Am Your Vegetable!

608 - Epic Walking Montage 2.0. Slide Transitions Can’t Keep Me Down. I would also want to say that this could use more motion. However, the sync hits appropriately at key moments.

611 - Boob Physics have been upgraded. Nice end slate, but I felt like the concept didn’t really stand out that much.

613 - In THEEE ENNNND x SHREK MASHUP. This is the most intense Smash Mouth rearrangement I’ve heard. The style of the lyrics are still too much “bubble-gum pop” to completely mesh with Linkin Park’s epic instrumentation. This AMV says, “You just don’t understand my concept. 2 deep 4 u.”

615 - Damn, this show looks cool. I really enjoy the scene direction and overall progression of this video. Gonna have to check out this source too, it looks hella legit. In fact, let’s ask the Spirit From Beyond The Void what he thinks. I think he’s learned his lesson…

“...........................IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeee itttttttttttttt.” Cool! Glad we can agree that- “Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. Mooooooooooooooooorrreeeeeeeeeee pooooooooooooooooost-proceeeeeeeeeesssssssinngg wooooooooullld haaaaaaaave beeeeeeen niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Liiiiiiiiiike sooooooooooooome coooooooooooolloooooooor graaaaaaaaaading aaaaaaaaaaaaand graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe--” Ok, we get it!

623 - Hey, there are a lot of vegetables in this video. Clearly this video is plagiarism! VEGETABLES ARE TRADEMARKED BY VIDEO 604. In truth, this video is an accurate representation of what happens when you go to eat at the hottest new place in town.

626 - This anime looks so cool. We need more high fantasy anime with dragons and epic battles. Please. Good audio / video source match, I liked it. The CGI dragon face reminds me of Sean Connery in Dragonheart, though. “Shurely you jhest, bhoy.”

641 - Those smash zooms at the beginning were srs business. Didn’t like the lip sync and the static scenes really hurt the flow of this video. The ending also was abrupt. That being said the scene selection is pretty good. One Piece is so goofy and silly that it’s incredible how serious the intense moments can be, given that dichotomy.

656 - Ladd Russo is such a boss. Baccano is such a good show and this video does it justice. I’d have liked an experience with a bit more meat to it when it comes to substance, but this is an enjoyable romp.

668 - This is a great video. Great sense of timing, excellent scene selection and just very well thought out. And wow! Using Hurts! This ain’t no crossover! Where’s the girls getting hit by busses or crazy chicanery involving multiple protagonists from four different anime?

674 - There’s an important life lesson to be learned here: no matter how much you want to use Butterfree competitively, he’s just in NU. He only has one viable move set, so it’s really easy to counter him. And let’s face it, his stats aren’t really that great either. So this video isn’t really sad, it’s happy! Ash is getting rid of a pokemon that’s totally dragging down his team. He’s not gonna win the Pokemon Tournament with some wimpy-ass Butterfree that fails at being a setup sweeper.

679 - Whoever made this, I love you. The pacing is PERFECT and the scene selection is fantastic. Yes, there are some minor issues with lip sync and a few instances of frame clipping, but it in no way detracts from a really fun and silly romance video. I saw that chromatic aberration too. Don’t think I didn’t notice it!

690 - Hmm. Didn’t know the Survey Corps hung around a college campus so much. Guess it makes sense, though. I mean, SOMEONE has to learn how to make all that equipment. Right so, I appreciate the effort that went into capturing the video source and the special effects. That’s a whole other level of work that goes beyond simply editing together already compiled footage. THAT BEING SAID, the contrast was pushed up too high, blowing out highlights. And a lot of the flow and scene composition left much to be desired; too many shaky-cam close-up shots, not any real clear direction into what you were trying to say with your work. Again, though, kudos on the work you put into this. Not many people would attempt to create their own footage.

696 - What is this, Star Wars, with that red text scroll at the beginning? Ok so, this video source reminds me of Kung Fury, except even better because this is about DDR GANGS and some main protag with an eye-patch looking like Big Boss (or Snake Plissken by the indelible Kurt Russell, if you want to be proper in your crediting). Though to be fair, until Omega Gangster mode got enabled, these guys were playing a bunch of lightweight songs. If you’re training that hard, you should be able to AAA Healing D Vision (1:36 is where it gets truly insane in that video).

Good job, video editor person. You done good.

704 - 10/10 shaft head tilts, would watch again. Pretty nice work done with color grading and effects. The contrast got a little out of control sometimes, making things too bright and losing detail. There were a few moments where I thought you tried a little too hard to setup a scene payoff (Homura’s wings at 3:35) where it looks nice, but could have been edited more to make it even better. Still, as far as artsy Madoka videos go, this one is above average.

771 - Even though this is a silly video, I was STILL disappointed that nothing cool happened during the breathe part at 00:42.

773 - REALLY would have appreciated higher quality video and audio. The audio sounds like a super lossy transcoded mp3 sent through a washer five times. Anyway, for the video content, I’m going to turn it over to the Spectre From The Beyond.

“Theeeeeeeeeeeeeere’s noooooooooooooooooooo diiiiiiiiiiirection. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds moooooooooooooooooooooore cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiips. Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed meeeeeeeeeeeeeee soooooooooooooooouls, mortaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal. I huuuuunger.”

Uh. Maybe I shouldn’t contact this supernatural being anymore.

779 - Ok so you know what’s a good idea? Using multiple episodes for your video. Like, at least half a dozen high quality episodes. Hell, I burn through 48 episodes to fit a 3 minute video sometimes. It doesn’t necessarily have to be THAT many, but my point is that you should always try to make your best work with what you’re given. And when that source is Samurai Champloo, well, it’s a shame that you limit yourself to primarily the first episode. There’s no doubt, it’s an excellent episode, but it’s stretched well beyond the breaking point in this video and then some.

803 - This is really weird. In the best possible way. What in gods name is that weird floating disc with arms? AND WHY DOES IT LIKE TO SMOKE CIGARETTES?! Is this video endorsing cigarettes? Or perhaps it’s a representation of the futility of human existence, and the weird disc thing is a personification of disinterest in our own mortality? But... it saves the main character when he’s drowning. Hmm, contradictions abound.

820 - That random Pulp Fiction clip. Loved it. However. There’s a lot of random parts in this video that just don’t jive with the song / theme. The Kill la Kill clips chosen from 1:05 - 1:38 felt extraneous and didn’t really add to the whole upbeat / dance theme. I did like the effects and most of the masks, though.

844 - Sucks. The worst video ever. Too many comic strips. Hate ‘em.

JUST KIDDING THIS VIDEO IS AMAZING. That TRANSITION. That one TRANSITION. YOU KNOW WHICH ONE I’M TALKING ABOUT. Wow. It’s amazing. All the lip sync is perfect, and the sync in general is great. I’ve never seen such sexy page flips in my life. And let’s not even talk about the those SPIRAL TRANSITIONS HOLY SHIT WTF I CAN’T TAKE IT.

Why haven’t I seen this anime yet? Need to fix that ASAP.

879 - This video needs more Chairman. A man who would go into the forest on the school grounds to bury pictures of his favorite asses in an elaborate ceremony, only to come back and dig them back up again, before returning to bury them with CONCRETE. Prison School is insane. This trailer is pretty fantastic. I like.

889 - Well, that escalated quickly. Action seemed a bit too fast for the song at times, and the ending is mystifying (though pretty). I like the general concept, though.

895 - Improper aspect ratio rears its ugly head often. Didn’t really care for the voiceover inclusion, it didn’t feel like it fit.

913 - So much Kill la Kill this year, wow. I like this video a lot, though. It’s not perfect, but that source combo works really well. Something about Halestorm’s style just really fits well in the Kill la Kill universe. Good use of dramatic scene selection, though at times I felt that the flow / scene direction got a bit confusing. But it’s hard to edit Kill la Kill because of how many “shortcuts” the animators take for the action sequences.

925 - This is an accurate representation of typical YouTube comments. Erik is definitely a very angry youtube commenter, I’m glad this has been chronicled for all the ages. Pretty good stuff tho, and man, Sommer is mean!

949 - This message has been removed.

957 - I have to say, this is the most intense pre-rocket-launch-into-outer-space-anime-music-video that I’ve ever seen. The TENSION is palpable when main character dude is flipping those switches and checking those knobs. His furrowed brow as he wonders what all those lights on the panel over his head actually do. Then the rocket launches into space and everyone’s like “O. M. G., I thought this day would never come! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!! I thought I’d wither away!”

964 - Those light leaks. Those magic bullets. That Ken Burns. This one is pretty good. There’s lots of Yuri-ish stuff these days. My overall review of this video is “gud yuri-ness, appropriate fx, could have used a bit more tweaking of the colors but quite good nonetheless”

966 - This show is bonkers. JoJo’s, why are you so crazy? Why do you have such bizarre adventures? Why is Dio such a dick? Such questions don’t need answers, it’s more fun to just go along the ride and not question too much why one of your favorite characters is a dog that farts on people’s heads. This video says “I’m insane. But fun! I’m crazy. But fun! I’m not right in the head. But fun!”

977 - Much like the Game of Thrones video, I’d have LOVED to see the eventual punchline to the joke this video sets up. Sync was good, though, and I the sources chosen were quite fitting for the the theme.

987 - This is all about the disney renaissance. Well chosen clips, good mood, nice flow. I can’t really say much bad about this, it’s solid.

999 - My favorite part about this video is the part at 1:48 where the guy is running in a very controlled and efficient manner. CRACKS ME UP EVERTIME. I really appreciated the visual compositions involving the different color blocks, that was cool. I didn’t like how fast some clips appeared to be, and some of the mask transitions were a bit awkward, but on the other hand, some of the transitions were excellent (like the one at 3:38, great hinting!) and overall the video was well done.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:51 am

Yeah that's right, I got a copy of the videos this year so I'm gonna do that review thing as well. Can anyone guess which of the following abominations I gave birth to?
Spoiler :
103 -

111 -

117 -

135 -

154 -

164 -

172 -

178 -

182 -

185 -

204 -

278 -

282 -

308 -

310 -

314 -

326 -

352 -

383 -

387 -

404 -

406 -

410 -

423 -

436 -

442 -

459 -

471 -

473 -

480 -

485 -

487 -

501 -

506 -

520 -

523 -

524 -

542 -

548 -

581 -

584 -

588 -

592 -

603 -

604 -

608 -

611 -

613 -

615 -

623 -

626 -

641 -

656 -

668 -

674 -

679 -

690 -

696 -

704 -

771 -

773 -

779 -

803 -

820 -

844 -

879 -

889 -

895 -

913 -

925 -

949 -

957 -

964 -

966 -

977 -

987 -

999 -
And for those adult videos...
Spoiler :
796 -

800 -

952 -

997 -
Spoiler :
ImageImageImageImage

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Reviews are so gauche. It's time for a poetry slam, futher mockers.

My thoughts on these videos have been arranged into the traditional form of the haiku, as is my custom.

Commence artistic enrichment.
Spoiler :
103 -
My only concern
was I kept having to yell
"Aspect Ratio"

111 -
Blue boy in water
Swimming is so serious
I am sopping wet

117 -
Like a lullabye
A video dipped in milk
Now let's play dress up

Beware Iowa
Sharks are known for their gusto
Children get in free

Kaboom and car crash
Covered in baby powder
We all like goggles

Host club as boy band
I've surely seen this before
Very interesting

Inappropriate
Lyrical match while showing
Rough housing with dad

Oh League of Legends
I uninstalled you last week
Nerf Urgot now plz

Two guys transform with
some silly looking toy cars
Plastic battle suits

Sailor Scouts transform
Always preferred Jupiter
But where was Paul Rudd?

Fighting with big swords
Everyone is very tall
But I wonder why

Inspiring true tale
Of a race car with a dream
Rotate forever

This really needed
A bit more fight and less song
Or is that too harsh?

Pinky and the Brain
had far too few meth-based schemes
At least so I've heard

I haven't caught up
So what happened to Eva?
Airships or some shit

Milk carton offer
Where's the rest of his glasses?
Sudden ending fade

Let's all make a joke
something like "oh god the bees"
that bunny was cute

Let's play darts and pool
Most dramatic air hockey
in all history

Oh god the lip sync
I'm all for FLCL
But not to this song

Mechanical glitch
All the kids love robot voice
And some bwaa bwaa bwaa

404 not found
I still have not watched this show
Please stop judging me

Speak american
Not your strange, silly moon speak
I don't understand

Trailers are just weird
That lady has a deep voice
And I saw a fish

Oh great it's this song
At least it's edited well
But so was *that* one

Somehow this one is
Just what I thought it would be
That's not a bad thing

Goddamn this is fun
A bit long but even so
You have all my votes

Okay. That's a thing.
I don't know what's happening.
It is ten o'clock.

Eyepatch, drink some tea
Your butler is aggressive
And oh so cheery.

It's spelled F U N
End on excessive laughter
A veiled cry for help

In Oklahoma
Squids are a delicacy
Approve this message

Refrigerator
Refrigerator plus two
Poetry is hard

What a lovely day
Not the song I would have picked
It works I suppose

Aha! I knew it
Sounded like a musical
Was okay, I guess

Now play that ragtime
While we all fight on a train
Ga ga ro ma ma

No time left for you
On my way to better thing
Found myself some wings

Lots of hand holding
Questionable effects choice
A snow overlay?

Trippy visuals
Always appreciated
Some nice finger sync

This trailer approved
You are all fine gentlemen
We're still in this fight

When the music fades
Things are getting serious
Dramatic story

Whiny voiced singing
Someone gets hit by a car
And people get sad

Dropping the F-bomb
Gorillas don't sound like that
A la Bamba joke?

Bike riding drama
On the verge of heart failure
Life and death fist bump

Phantom piano
Guitar leads to a head wound
Wait, a crossover?

I like that logo
Buy me that faded t-shirt
Everyone needs it

Genus Allium
Also known as bulb onion
The worst vegetable

Answer already
It was a valid question
Hugging in the rain

Ok, I get it
Bouncy bounce and some headshots
Lots of basketballs

Linkin Park mash up
All that glitters is not gold
Hope you're happy now

Juxtaposition
A jaunty dance in the woods
Unbridled horror

Bang bang goes the drum
That chicken is disturbing
Foodie orgasm

Chanting and dragons
I have nothing else to say
Chanting and dragons

Oh for the love of...
Is this really happening?
There is no punchline.

It happens a lot
This music and Baccano
Twenty three skidoo

Robots and shooting
I'm quite sad about machines
Then the world explodes

Oh, this song again.
This is so ridiculous
Is this comedy?

That situation
It's all about chemistry
Herp de derp da derp

I have lost my mind
I can't deal with this right now
It is now midnight

So many arrows
And it's kind of like Rocky
But with less dancing

Hey, those aren't roses.
Seeing this footage a lot
Outlines run away

Blarga Blarg Blarg blarg
Bawk bock ba bwack bock
Radioactive

The cars go vroom vroom
Even as far as Barstow
Land of enchantment

English voice acting
I just watched episode one
Samurai Champloo

One more Creep cover
No one ever asked for this
The man in the flan

Enough Fall Out Boy
I'm not being facetious
Seriously, stop.

A comic effect
Are there even towns in space?
Downtown funk you down

Glowing censorship
Narrator is invested
Excessive moisture

This will not end well
Some more juxtaposition
Violent imagery

Girl with crazy eyes
"Lable" is not spelled that way
Low saturation

Scissor in the chest
Flame personification
You are the fire

Poor old Billy John
Questionable use of some
real editor names

The best video
Genuine laughter was had
It's already done

I'm the rocket man
Higher quality version
Now space is the place

One time at band camp
Heavy hearts breed infections
Consult your doctor

Nice manly strutting
Meme man and a dog kicker
Za Warudo, WRYYYYY

Citation needed
Are these considered spoilers?
The house always wins

Even more Disney
Less dancing this time around
More longing gazes

This is the last one
Gasoline is not a toy
Neither is German

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

I was too lazy to formulate actual thoughts on the videos this year, so I had my cat tell me her opinions instead. Some of these comment's don't reflect my actual opinions. :bzz2: = My personal favorites.
Spoiler :
103: My cat appreciates the use of the Artisocats, but declines all requests to dance with her.

111: As an arch-nemesis of water, my cat was unable to emotionally connect with this video, but appreciates the work & editing that was put into it.

117: Having had operations on her kitty parts, my cat experienced the feels from this video.

135: Bark bark, my cat says she is also a shark.

154: My cat demands entrance to the gates of Valhalla.

164: The only secret my cat has for you is the herpes she gave you last night.

172: ♬ My cat's a lion and she wants to smoke weed. Do you see a lion when you look inside of her ? ♬

178: These pussies all look like Bronze ELO to my cat.

182: Okay. Fuck it. I lied. It's Keyboard Cat and bass. What you gonna do ?

185: My cat was hoping to hunt some ants in this video, but feels betrayed by the lack of them.

204: My cat relates to having demons as well, most of them can be found in her litterbox.

278: You're the pawfect fit for the job. You're hired to build my cat a kitty battleship.

282: This gets my cat into huntin' mode.

308: Meow Meow Bitch.

310: "That kid is more of a pussy than I am" - My cat.

314: Feline Leukemia is tragic.

326: "2:58 LOOK MOM THERE I AM! oh wait I think that's a coyote" - My cat.

352: My cat says if we all strived for a purrrfect world, cat-astrophes like the ones shown here would never happen.

383 :bzz2: : Similar to the life motto of my cat, she's goin down purrin.

387: "waaperuwrpoijwoip" is what my cat said when this crashed her kitty komputer.

404: "Grumpy cat would not clap along with this, so neither will I!" - My cat.

406: "You have improved well, young grasshopper" - My cat.

410: Hopefully all cats go to heaven.

423: I blast this song on my computer alot, so my cat is pissed at me, but she digs the transitions.

436: Actual reenactment of my cat's high school life, and why I have the username I have now.

442: Last airbender ? My cat will have you know she's a master of passing gas.

459: "Needs more Sylvester" - My cat.

471 :bzz2: : This video was really enjoyed by my cat at the tail end of it.

473: Should have pandered to my cat and used Nichijou.

480: Sorry, but my cat has a gun to my head, and won't stand for me voting for anyone other than her.

485 :bzz2: : My cat says she sort of relates to this video when it comes to her hairball issues.

487: My cat says she will vote for this if you promise her a life of shiny and chrome.

501: For only $5.99 you can hire my cat as a personal hunter to go claw that bitch.

506: "Hey there's a train in here named after me!" - My cat

520: I think my cat has a problem with whoever made this. She's not a fan of Ekko mains.

523: "Fuck her right in the pussy" - My cat.

524 :bzz2: : So this is what taking catnip is like.

542: Male audio over little girls ? My cat thinks putting it over cats would have been more interesting.

548: Tricksy never knew her father, so she says she has no connection to this.

581 :bzz2: : "Reminds me of my awful trips to the vet, are you trying to trigger me ?" - My cat.

584: So this is what taking catnip up your rectum is like.

588: You think you can beat my cat in a bike race ? She challenges you in a race to the top of meowtain.

592: "Even dogs can encode better than this" - My cat.

603: "America ? Don't you know this a contest is part of an anime con ? Where they worship Japan. This would be better if it was in Japan, they treat cats better there" - My cat.

608: Me and my cat really appreciated the side kick theme, as she is a sidekick to me, but she would probably say that the other way around.

611: Even my cat can appreciate jiggle sync.

613: My cat really thinks there should be a Best Catnip Trip category.

615: And you're further encouraging her thoughts.

623: Well my cat really wants to know when meow mix will deliver.

626: Just like me, my cat is not the biggest fan of crossfades. She enjoys the mood of the video though.

641: Took my cat back to the days when she was little wee kitten.

656: "THE FLYING PUSSYFOOT! IT HAS RETURNED!" - My cat.

668: This gave my cat the feels. She said it hurt her more than the needle in her butt at the vet last week.

674 :bzz2: : If you had used Meowth, my cat says she it would have triggered more of her felines.

679 :bzz2: : "They make hairball remedy for issues like this" - My cat.

690: My cat appreciates your desire to the world, but states that it will be her to do so.

696: 10/10 just for the song, according to my cat.

704: Enough with the cat videos, my cat said she thought I was a pissed off raccoon.

771: Another video that my cat enjoyed the tail end of.

773: This made my cat get depressed over the fact that she cannot obtain a license.

779: This was too long for my cat's attention span.

803: My cat says she doesn't belong in this human-driven world either.

820: This resulted in my cat dancing like Uma Thurman.

844 :bzz2: : My cat threw up friskies all over the place from watching this.

879: "Damn those bitches be gettin' catty" - My cat.

889: Running out of things to say, my cat re-uses her cat-astrophe pun.

895: "That footage was stretched like Longcat" - My cat.

913: "Do they make outfits like that for cats ?" - My cat.

925: This is why my cat hates you.

949: Absolutely beautiful. Put my cat to tears. This calls for a real appaws.

957: According to my cat, it was actually felines that were the first to space.

964: My cat said she would have liked this more if they had played the melody of Cat Scratch Fever.

966 :bzz2: : My cat gives this a 10/10 just solely for that dog getting hardcore rekt.

977 :bzz2: : "What a bunch of filthy plebs. I've got nothing to worry about when I've got 9 lives" - My cat.

987: She would have liked it more if there was more Aristocats.

999: "Nothing beats a catnip finale" - My cat.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Is voting starting today?

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:36 pm

I am sorry for the delay, it is completely me.

Preparation for FantAWAsia demands my full attention at the moment. As soon as I have about an hour, I will get the Pro voting up.

I am very sorry for this, but it's unavoidable at this time. I'll do what I can to have voting open "sometime tonight".

Return to “AMV Contests”