AX AMV Contest Is Back For 2020!!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: AX AMV Contest Is Back For 2020!!!

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:52 pm

Teriyaki777 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:33 pm
you panic way way too much you follow the media way too much sir. wear mask wash hands and you be aight. and keep in mind july is pretty good distance away anytthing can change by tthen.
Let us know how the lines are when you go. :taco:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:10 pm

Teriyaki777 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:58 pm
XStylus wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:06 am
Teriyaki777 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:00 am
have they found a coordinator yet?
Nobody here has any special insight, myself included, but if I were to strike a guess, I'd say that they have exponentially bigger things to worry about at the moment, such as if they should (or even can) have the convention take place at all this year.
the con is gonna go on as scheduled cause thats in July if people aren't stupid and take better care of themselves by washing their hands constently then they will be fine
This post aged well.

https://twitter.com/AnimeExpo/status/12 ... 8202221568
ImageImage

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:12 pm

And to nobody's surprise except for Teriyaki777's, AX2020 is no more.
SPJA CEO Ray Chiang wrote: Dear Anime Expo Community,

This is a day my team and I hoped wouldn’t come, but it is with a heavy heart that I am announcing the cancellation of Anime Expo 2020. Our utmost concern is for the health and safety of our amazing Anime Expo community. We understand your disappointment as we are anime fans first and foremost too. As you can imagine, this was one of the most difficult decisions we have had to make in the 29 years of Anime Expo.
Full message can be read here: http://www.anime-expo.org/2020/04/17/an ... eles-2021/
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:24 pm

Teriyaki777 wrote: you panic way way too much you follow the media way too much sir. wear mask wash hands and you be aight. and keep in mind july is pretty good distance away anytthing can change by tthen.
Y'know... abject examples of the bluthering dunderfucks of humanity such as yourself are reasons why I think COVID is a pretty damn good thing for Earth right now. READ THE DAMN NEWS. LISTEN TO THE DAMN SCIENTISTS. IT MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE.

Listen here, child, If you want to go and get yourself killed in a pretty damn horrifying way (there are few worse ways to die than slow, hours-long suffocation), hey, wonderful, Darwin approves of you removing yourself from the gene pool. Unfortunately, in the process your ignorance is likely to get others infected as well, not to mention the first-responders and medical workers who'd be trying to save your undeserving ass with a ventilator taken from somebody's grandma.

Stay the hell at home, or die slowly. And that's not me threatening you.

Teriyaki777 wrote:Then saboten will rein this year.... and things will be different next year!
Last edited by XStylus on Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:59 pm

Gonna go ahead and lock this since it was never an official AX thread in the first place, the Convention/ Contest has been canceled, and I don't really see this topic serving any other purpose than to continue ragging on Teriyaki777

Return to “AMV Contests”