The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - Interest Gauge :O

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Brad
Org Profile

The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - Interest Gauge :O

Post by Brad » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:39 am

Alright kids. About 11 months ago I started this thread. A "pre-interest" gauge for the 4th tournament. Mainly wanted to see whether enough people would be interested in an early tournament or having it post-AWA like the past 3. If you're completely unfamiliar with what this is all about, check the thread I linked.

Obviously, I ended up deciding to go with the latter. AWA has now come and gone, and it is now time for me to start planning this bad boy out. I do definitely plan on running the tournament again this year. In the 1st tournament in 2003, we had a 16 person bracket. In 2005, it was 32 people. In 2007, it was 64. This year... no... not 128. I know it seems like it would be uber-epic, but it's just too much. I'm hoping to do a 96 person bracket (3 32-player brackets with the final round being a 3-way match. Not 100% how that match will go, but we'll get there).

So, I wanted to get this thread going to see just how much interest there still is. To be honest, I'd be content with it being 64 again. If it doesn't seem like I'd be able to fill 96 slots, that's what we'll do. So if you think you'll want in, post here. And tell your friends. Like I said at the top, if you have no clue what this is all about, check the previous tournament threads for descriptions on what the tournament is, what AMV Iron Chef is, etc.

Also, use this thread to give me ideas for ways to change things up (knowing that I reserve the right to not agree with you). One thing that I'm considering is changing how sources are handled (as in, maybe just have it be "these 4 episodes of this anime" being interchangeable with "this DVD.")

Now........ GO! :O

EDIT: Okay, also, BIG thing to keep in mind, posting in this thread does NOT sign you up. You will still have to post in the sign-up thread once that goes live. I don't know specifically when that will be. Sometime in the coming weeks.

EDIT 2: So, as most of you know, this tournament is no longer happening. However, Arashinome has taken up the reins and is starting his own tournament in a similar style, so if you'd like to join his, go here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... =5&t=97467
Last edited by Brad on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - Interest Gauge :O

Post by dreamawake » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:40 am

I'm in for sure.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:41 am

Pass the sugar |:>

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:41 am

i shall give it my best

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:41 am

I'll try I guess. But I suck more or less. <_>

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:42 am

Very yes.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:44 am

I'm interested =O

Not sure how much music you have but my suggestion is for each match have maybe 3 songs to pick from. Like if someone got their 'dark anime' chosen and you have some romantic song they have to use, and other person has like Nodame or something. I don't think it's about 'being creative' so much as the 'other person got lucky with the source pick' and I don't think you'd want this contest to be purely about luck? Just my thoughts.

ExSphere
Org Profile

Post by ExSphere » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:44 am

oh yes, i've been waiting for this.
You can coun't me in sir :wink:

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:46 am

pass the sugar :ying:

I'm totally in this year for sure.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:46 am

OropherZero wrote:I'm interested =O

Not sure how much music you have but my suggestion is for each match have maybe 3 songs to pick from. Like if someone got their 'dark anime' chosen and you have some romantic song they have to use, and other person has like Nodame or something. I don't think it's about 'being creative' so much as the 'other person got lucky with the source pick' and I don't think you'd want this contest to be purely about luck? Just my thoughts.
It's something I'm considering. While I do still believe that the unpredictability of the audio + video combination not only makes it kind of fun but also challenging, I understand that there are cases where people can genuinely get screwed over. It's something I will take into consideration.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Return to “AMV Contests”