godix passed away today

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Statz
Org Profile

Re: godix passed away today

Post by Statz » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:50 pm

R.I.P.
I didn't know him... But he seemed like a great guy.
My condolences to his family, friends, and anyone's day he's brightened.....or dimmed. 0.o

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:50 pm

mother fucker...

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:51 pm

I remember my first interaction with godix was attempting to give him some of his own medicine. He was usually good for some faux insult-slinging in IRC, but when I had a legitimate problem, he would PM me helpful links or advice. I won't pretend that I really knew him all that well, but if there is a service that we're permitted to attend, we will definitely make the trip up there to pay our respects from some of the AMV community.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:59 pm

I've just noticed this right now. Can't believe it.
Phantasmagoriat wrote:I mean, things just won't be the same anymore. Fuck.
Indeed. It feels like a giant, valuable piece of the AMV community just dropped off.

Rest in peace.

If anyone has any information of what happened beside hospitalization, that'd be good to know. I mean, he seemed to be fine just a few days ago...

McDirty
Org Profile

Post by McDirty » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:04 am

I just watched this vid of godix's:

:cry: Seriously made me cry.

Obviously, I never knew godix. But I can't help but be affected by this. RIP man. We'll all remember you.

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:08 am

My condolences and prayers to his family and friends. I never spoke with him, but from what I saw of his posts and from the responses of others he was most certainly a great guy. Rest in peace, sir.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:17 am

Godix was one of the few editors I ever spoke with who I really seemed to really understand from an artistic standpoint. While I'll miss his sarcasm and humor, I think what I'll miss most is his vision. Despite all the times that he would denounce the .org in general and occasionally editors in particular, godix did care about this place. He'd probably never have admitted it, but I think he had an idea for what he thought this place should be. In the conversations and correspondence I had with him, he was practically bursting with ideas for unconventional videos, as well as his own ideals for serious AMV discussion.

Insomuch as I knew him, he was one of the most interesting and thought-provoking people I've met here, if in nothing else than in terms of how he viewed AMVs. I'll miss that viewpoint. A lot.

Have a good afterlife buddy.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:21 am

McDirty wrote:I just watched this vid of godix's:

:cry: Seriously made me cry.

Obviously, I never knew godix. But I can't help but be affected by this. RIP man. We'll all remember you.
How helpful was godIX? He was so helpful that he made his own tribute videos for us to post in his memory!

OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:23 am

GloryQuestor wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:I did the Ant King and the American History X (curb stomp and rape) segments. :cry:
I did the segment @ 14:13, "Re-Entry and Splashdown". I did it as an homage to Physics Sucks.
I wont bother to actually watch through that monstrosity again to find the time code, but my segment was the one where I took one of his own videos () and put a tombstone at the end. And thus my prediction came through, he died chasing the skirts of little girls, of course to him most of us would be considered little :D

More then his dedication video being the only video so far to successfully clear out the VAT at Youma, he was one of my most trusted beta testers. We'd bounce ideas off of each other often. Despite his 'persona' he truly was one of the most helpful members I have ever dealt with and I would agree he really did deserve the Most Helpful award and my campaigning wasn't just a joke. I wouldn't say he was a good friend, but I knew and talked to him well enough to consider him one of my friends. He really will be missed.

This by far increases my drive to finally finish my Dedicated video that I couldn't get done in time for the deadline of the MEP. I've shown a select few bits and pieces and once it's finished I'm sure he'd approve... the sick bastard! :ying:

Cheers! :beer: |:>
ImageImageImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:29 am

CrackTheSky wrote:Despite all the times that he would denounce the .org in general and occasionally editors in particular, godix did care about this place. He'd probably never have admitted it, but I think he had an idea for what he thought this place should be. In the conversations and correspondence I had with him, he was practically bursting with ideas for unconventional videos, as well as his own ideals for serious AMV discussion.
godix cared more for the org then 99.9% of its user base.

i want to say more about him but im just in total shock right now. im just speechless.

Return to “General Discussion”