do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:49 pm

Wow, Fear :/

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:41 pm

Kevmaster wrote:And I don't really get the sense of that rule..may someone explain it to me?
Aside from the reasons that Otohiko already gave, it was meant to dissuade sock-puppeting - intentionally having multiple accounts for the purposes of messing with the scoring systems (pumping up ratings on your own videos, dropping the ratings of another).
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:04 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Kevmaster wrote:And I don't really get the sense of that rule..may someone explain it to me?
Aside from the reasons that Otohiko already gave, it was meant to dissuade sock-puppeting - intentionally having multiple accounts for the purposes of messing with the scoring systems (pumping up ratings on your own videos, dropping the ratings of another).
It is still possible to do that, even if the own Video is disqualified. :|

I'm just saying I don't really get why the Video/Editor should get disqualified from the contest.

If anything I'd say, disqualify the multiple accounts (in this case: bann the Sayan Video Studio account from the voting).

That's a way more reasonable way of handling this imo.

neorose
Org Profile

Post by neorose » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:24 pm

I think im too late to throw anymore vids out but I just figured out who made the vid I loved from Masters this year at AWA.

Zero Link
Org Profile

Post by Zero Link » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:24 pm

Meh, I always thought a MEP was a amv project with 2 or more editors. I mean it is a "Multi - Editor - Project". So that would make Spoil a MEP. Even though it was done by one studio.

neorose
Org Profile

Post by neorose » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:27 pm

I think im too late to throw anymore vids out but I just figured out who made the vid I loved from Masters this year at AWA.

oh and as for the hole Spoil thing. Im sure it would have won(even though I wouldnt have voted for it to) I say be happy that its like the most nominated vid this year and just fix the hole multi-account thing for next year and make another awsome vid.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:32 pm

Kevmaster wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:
It is still possible to do that, even if the own Video is disqualified. :|
Do you not understand the concept of the word "consequence?" The consequence of breaking the rules is disqualification.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Goketsu
Org Profile

Post by Goketsu » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:34 pm

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Post by ZaCloud » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:11 pm

neorose wrote:I think im too late to throw anymore vids out but I just figured out who made the vid I loved from Masters this year at AWA.
It's not too late as long as the nomination is still going on, and really it's just begun. You can always click on more videos in the VCA page if you discover another video you like or decide you like some that someone else pimped on here. Keep on adding as much as you want, and keep voting if you feel more vids are worthy. :)

Return to “2008 AnimeMusicVideo.org Viewer's Choice Awards”