Best First Video (The Bulbasaur Award)

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Re: Best First Video (The Bulbasaur Award)

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:47 am

Shin-AMV wrote:
Pretty sure he made some others before that.

nvm. didn't read Yue's post. Kind of a strange loophole whether it be intentional or unintentional, but ignore me.
Yeah, I don't know about that loophole either =3 lol

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:51 am

Chained(E)Studio wrote:
Shin-AMV wrote:
Pretty sure he made some others before that.

nvm. didn't read Yue's post. Kind of a strange loophole whether it be intentional or unintentional, but ignore me.
Yeah, I don't know about that loophole either =3 lol
just because you're eligible to win, doesn't mean that you should. I think that we should still point out which videos aren't actually someone's first (not saying that we should disqualify them).

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:26 am

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:27 am

Chained(E)Studio wrote:Didn't know she qualified:

x2 or up this. and agree on this.
Yep.
^^

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:33 am

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:01 am

Radical_Yue wrote:
AceD wrote:RenaSun has made at least 2 videos before "We Dream We Can", one of which was on Akross 2010...am assuming it doesn't go by whats only listed here?

It was the first video that was listed here, therefore their they're eligible for the "Best First Video" award. Our database doesn't span Akross, AMVNews.ru, etc...Only what is cataloged on this website.
That's just a technical flaw in the system. If there is evidence that the videos don't qualify for their awards, we're supposed to bring it up to the organizers for DQ.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:18 am

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:21 pm

If Bashar is correct this video is DQ'd from this category. If I recall correctly, this wasn't her first video.

Although....I'd be tempted to just say that videos like this and the K-on! Video I posted should be allowed. Patrolling the internet including AmvNews.ru, youtube, AmvFrance, etc....is just too much of a hassle.

No one even bothers to make sure effect-less videos win Best No Effects or actual parodies win the parody award. If we're going to try to follow the rules then it shouldn't be limited to this single category.

Maybe we should have a designated mod to verify a video's eligibility for the category it's being voted on? Just for semifinals that is.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
If Bashar is correct this video is DQ'd from this category. If I recall correctly, this wasn't her first video.

Although....I'd be tempted to just say that videos like this and the K-on! Video I posted should be allowed. Patrolling the internet including AmvNews.ru, youtube, AmvFrance, etc....is just too much of a hassle.

No one even bothers to make sure effect-less videos win Best No Effects or actual parodies win the parody award. If we're going to try to follow the rules then it shouldn't be limited to this single category.

Maybe we should have a designated mod to verify a video's eligibility for the category it's being voted on? Just for semifinals that is.
You forgot Most Helpful being won by someone who doesn't even come to the org. :P

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:

According to what was said last year, IIRC, you're supposed to tell the people running this - ie GQ. When in the process? I'm not sure. "Before it even gets nominated" seems stupidly early - you don't know there's a problem that early. And there was a point where the response last year was "sorry - you should have said that sooner" so there is a too late. It'd be nice to get an official clarification thread about it though.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”