AMVapp Issues

vtsfy
Org Profile

Post by vtsfy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:58 pm

Bah, I mean Accelerator. XD
Forgive me, I'm not running full-steam today. =)

At any rate, Download Accelerator Plus would not download for me. At all. This may be due to, once again, me being on a school computer (especially since I had to run through a Proxy site to get to speedbit.com, where DAP is.)

Are there any other suggestions? I guess I could just try on my home computer, but I'm rarely on that since I have work and Dual Credit college courses. I get on the school's computers often because I have two computer classes, so I'm trying to work around these issues that arise (including the fact that my teacher doesn't bother to actually TEACH, and has no administrative abilities, himself). I'm so sorry I'm being so much trouble for you guys.

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:13 am

vtsfy wrote:I'm so sorry I'm being so much trouble for you guys.
That isn't by far a problem. These forums exist for us to help each other out.

The errors you got when trying to install GetRight mean that your account at the school network doesn't have administrator privileges (which is normal for a student's account). If you install at home, it should work. Proxy servers are no good for downloading, so there's your problem with DAP.

But we may be beside the point. If you can't install the AMVapp, then you can download each component separately. It's a little more troublesome, but it has an advantage: you only download and install the stuff you really need, and you know what you have. This page should have a list of what software comes with AMVapp Anyways, here's the list from when I run the installer:
  • AMVapp Readme Files
    AviSynth 2.56alpha
    AviSynth plugins
    Premiere AVS Import Plugin
    DVD Decrypter 3.5.2.0
    DGMPEGDec 1.2.0
    BeSweet and Lame MP3 ACM Encoder
    HuffYUV and Lagarith Lossless Codecs
    XviD 1.0.3 - Koepi Build
    FFDshow (18th July 2004)
    VirtualDubMod 1.5.4.1
    Helix YUV Codecs
    AVIfrate and Graphedit
Some of these elements pertain only to the AMVapp (like the readme files and the Premiere AVS Import Plugin GUI) while others have newer versions available on the web (like FFDshow, VirtualDubMod and HuffYUV, although the latest HuffYUV release appears to be somewhat unstable*) so there's pros and cons on both sides.

Hope I've been helpful.

*I haven't tested it myself, but I've heard
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Return to “Video & Audio Help”