Updating AMVapp Mini-guide

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:05 pm

I agree that MKV is less complicated in terms of what software you can use for multiplexing, but newbie users depend quite a lot on AMVapp (at least from what we can see on the forums here) and it would be nice to include a section on it. After all, the app is for everyone.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

JrWolfe
Org Profile

Post by JrWolfe » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:18 pm

So how do i work this program????

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:37 pm

JrWolfe wrote:So how do i work this program????
what program? AMVapp is full of them.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:40 pm

amv app is a collection of utilities you'll need while making your video
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:10 am

JrWolfe wrote:So how do i work this program????
Strictly speaking, you don't work the program so much as "get with" the program.

The topic as a whole is for suggestions on how to make things a little more user friendly while at the same time covering the technical savvy inherently required to make decent looking and sounding AMVs.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:19 am

Is it worth it to update vdubmod? Is there a program that picks up where they left? (Vdubmod hasn't been updated since 05 as far as I can tell)
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:16 am

Orwell wrote:Is it worth it to update vdubmod? Is there a program that picks up where they left? (Vdubmod hasn't been updated since 05 as far as I can tell)
As far as people know, VitualDubMod development is dead (other than a bugfix). The only viable alternatives are the original VirtualDub, which lacks some of Mod's features and VirtualDub-MPEG2 which adds MPEG2 import support.

I'll stick with VDubMod.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:09 am

But does the AMVapp modify vdubmod in anyway? Or is it just one program among many in a pack?

Also, will the next full release of the the AMVapp include Gspot? A very, very useful tool I've found, along with AVI fixed.
Latest
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Post by ChronoWraith » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:03 am

But the amv app pack is about amv creation, not playing. While GSpot may be a good tool for that I've never needed it for the making of an amv... it's not exactly an editing tool/helper....
<----Place Holder---->

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:03 am

Your just not working with the right footage, however org policy would assume your never going to make use of it.
Latest

Return to “Video & Audio Help”