Sony vegas to After effects ? :/

Mooonrider
Org Profile

Sony vegas to After effects ? :/

Post by Mooonrider » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi guys :)

This is maybe a stupid question so I apologize :s
I tried several ways to get my stuff from Sony vegas 13 into after effects cs6 but its simply not working because stuff is going weird :/
Is there a specific way to render in vegas or some trick? I would really appreciate some help for the noob I am :D

slimed
Org Profile

Re: Sony vegas to After effects ? :/

Post by slimed » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:29 am

what kind of problems are you having? i render out of sony vegas as utvideo when importing into after effects, although other lossless codecs such as lagarith or huffyuv work too while retaining quality.

Mooonrider
Org Profile

Post by Mooonrider » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:19 pm

sometimes i cant put it in, sometimes the video is broken, but most of the time i cant hear the sound and thats the biggest problem since i want to sync the beat to the vid with effects additional to the cut
I really dont know what the problem is and im glad hearing its working for you because that means theres hope for me :D a friend told me that these 2 programs aint working together at all and he is studying this stuff ( dont know english name :/ )

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:44 am

i don't think it has much to do with the programs working or not working together, as when the footage is a video file the program it was created in isn't relevant. though what your friend might be talking about, is if you were editing in adobe premiere with after effects you could take advantage of the dynamic link feature which would be a different and probably more convenient workflow.

are there any error messages (like something relating to "overflow")? if you render out of vegas in a lossless codec, and the footage in ae is interpreted correctly and also the composition settings match the footage, you should be fine.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:25 am

Also worth noting, After Effects doesn't preview with sound by default.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Mooonrider
Org Profile

Post by Mooonrider » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:13 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Also worth noting, After Effects doesn't preview with sound by default.
so how do I solve that? put in the audio again ?
slimed wrote:i don't think it has much to do with the programs working or not working together, as when the footage is a video file the program it was created in isn't relevant. though what your friend might be talking about, is if you were editing in adobe premiere with after effects you could take advantage of the dynamic link feature which would be a different and probably more convenient workflow.

are there any error messages (like something relating to "overflow")? if you render out of vegas in a lossless codec, and the footage in ae is interpreted correctly and also the composition settings match the footage, you should be fine.
there are no error messages at all, i will try different codec now and see if it helps, ty much :)

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:10 pm

No, you don't need to put the audio in again, there is a particular way to play the sound. Here's a video tutorial that shows how to do that:

https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/ ... uto_play=1
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Mooonrider
Org Profile

Post by Mooonrider » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Thanks very much to all of you putting time in this /me / :D

Return to “Video & Audio Help”