-FLV Question-

Yunacat
Org Profile

-FLV Question-

Post by Yunacat » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:33 pm

I have an FLV Player (basically Flash) and when i tried to play it, the window is really small (approx 300x280 or something similar) and i was wondering if there was a way to make it any bigger. I noticed a Zoom thing that says 1x and 2x, but when i click on them, nothing happens! ;-;

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:38 pm

I *think* most flash videos are small to save space, so making them larger sometimes makes them look like crap. However, FFDShow will decode it, so you can play them in your player of choice, like winamp.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

x_rex30
Org Profile

Re: -FLV Question-

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:16 am

Yunacat wrote:I have an FLV Player (basically Flash) and when i tried to play it, the window is really small (approx 300x280 or something similar) and i was wondering if there was a way to make it any bigger. I noticed a Zoom thing that says 1x and 2x, but when i click on them, nothing happens! ;-;
Only some flvs work with that option.

You can zoom in with vlc player but you wont be able to navigate through a clip. I don't know beyond that except you can try to convert it to another format for better navigation and viewing options. There is a converter called 3gp converter that works for that and also another program called Super by eRightSoft

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:04 am

I recently did some restore work with a FLV video that I really enjoyed. I used http://www.eo-video.com to convert it to a huffyuv avi file, though I imagine you could re-encode it first with xvid/divx, instead of having to make a huffy and then compressing that.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Return to “Video & Audio Help”