Zarx264gui lag?!

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
FabioFortune
Org Profile

Zarx264gui lag?!

Post by FabioFortune » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:33 pm

So I compressed my footage with the Ut video codec and I done the final encode with Zarx264gui. The problem is that the video gets out of sync when i encode it with Zarx264gui. The clips speed become faster while the audio speed remains the same. Any ideas? :sweat:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Zarx264gui lag?!

Post by mirkosp » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:00 am

Might be an issue related to framerate, generally it's due to how OS in different languages would use either the dot or the comma, but this issue only used to happen with very old versions of the gui...
Another issue is playback-side: I've found that for some people, playing back mp4s made by zarxgui would result in a sped-up video for whatever reason.
Based on this, I have 2 suggestions:
1) Switch from zarx264gui to some other gui, perhaps one that is updated more often (Alan is lazy and updates it almost never, so the x264 revision is quite old most of the time). One that should be simple is the one done by croma25td, which has a pretty simple design;
2) Update your playback setup. I suggest using either CCCP or mplayer2.

FabioFortune
Org Profile

Post by FabioFortune » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:48 am

Thanks for the tip mirkosp ^^. I chose the second suggestion and update my playback setup. I downloaded the CCCP and when I encoded the file again in Zarx264gui, it came out perfect at the first try. Thank you one more time =D

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:26 pm

anybody know if the audio encoders have agrees on how many empty frames to pad the beginning of their files with?

(old test results from last year) http://quu.livejournal.com/821424.html I am told that this has been addressed... the fundamental problem was that the spec for AAC and mp3 (though lame has become the spec for mp3) does not explicitly state how many empty packets to buffer the lead of a file... so when the encoder and the player don't agree there is a sync problem... imperceptible when not played with video
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:51 am

nero hasn't updated their encoder since 2009, i have no idea whats been going on with other audio encoders.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”