Kingdom Hearts (1)

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Vanity
Org Profile

Kingdom Hearts (1)

Post by Vanity » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:07 pm

Has anyone figured out how to ripp the files because the method for rippin ps2 games only works for KH2 and not kh1 which is a total bumer =|...can anyone help me out?

avdcptr
Org Profile

Re: Kingdom Hearts (1)

Post by avdcptr » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Every few months one of these posts pops up, well i guess i'll address this one.

To update you on the progress, or almost lack there of:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 44&t=82472

ffxdean Modded an fao project fmv extractor used to extract the FFX-2 preview out of the Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix (NTSC-J) and now his extractor can extract the intro from that disc. He also modified that same program to work with the Kingdom Hearts(NTSC-U) disc and extract the ending (see thread). Finally, he says he finished the NTSC-U version of the extractor to extract everything, but never released it.

I tried to go back and see how he modified the fao project extract, but really to no avail... I hex edited the original file (KHFM2mov.exe from fao) and compared it to ffxdeans edit (KHFM2movMod.exe) as well as comparing it to his NTSC-U version and found the hex differences but could never make anything of them.

------------------
*~1st Difference~*

Offset:00003590

Original FE 56 18
NTSC-U Mod 73 3B 0D
FM-IntroMod 9E 5D 0B
------------------
*~2nd Difference~*

Offset:00003F70

Original 40 60 1A
NTSC-U Mod 80 A8 16
------------------

Obviously the first difference is the FMV location, but i don't know if those hex values refer to a header or an offset or what. And the second is the size of the disc (since it only occurs between the NTSC-J and NTSC-U edit), but yet again can't make any sense of them (converting those hex to decimal does not give the actual byte size of the discs like i hoped it would)

*~><~*
long story short, get a capture card if you want FMV material from Kingdom Hearts (NTSC-U) that isn't the ending, and from Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix (NTSC-J) that isn't the intro.

avdcptr
Org Profile

Post by avdcptr » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:18 pm

well your post sort of inspired me to take those values and do some research into LBA tables and i finally figured out my issue, check my new thread for a pleasant surprise (although not a full solution since it only gives you the two major FMV's)

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 44&t=96500

jezzicaz789
Org Profile

Post by jezzicaz789 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:29 am

avdcptr wrote:Every few months one of these posts pops up, well i guess i'll address this one.

To update you on the progress, or almost lack there of:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 44&t=82472

ffxdean Modded an fao project fmv extractor used to extract the FFX-2 preview out of the Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix (NTSC-J) and now his extractor can extract the intro from that disc. He also modified that same program to work with the Kingdom Hearts(NTSC-U) disc and extract the ending (see thread). Finally, he says he finished the NTSC-U version of the extractor to extract everything, but never released it.

I tried to go back and see how he modified the fao project extract, but really to no avail... I hex edited the original file (KHFM2mov.exe from fao) and compared it to ffxdeans edit (KHFM2movMod.exe) as well as comparing it to his NTSC-U version and found the hex differences but could never make anything of them.

------------------
*~1st Difference~*

Offset:00003590

Original FE 56 18
NTSC-U Mod 73 3B 0D
FM-IntroMod 9E 5D 0B
------------------
*~2nd Difference~*

Offset:00003F70

Original 40 60 1A
NTSC-U Mod 80 A8 16
------------------

Obviously the first difference is the FMV location, but i don't know if those hex values refer to a header or an offset or what. And the second is the size of the disc (since it only occurs between the NTSC-J and NTSC-U edit), but yet again can't make any sense of them (converting those hex to decimal does not give the actual byte size of the discs like i hoped it would)

*~><~*
long story short, get a capture card if you want FMV material from Kingdom Hearts (NTSC-U) that isn't the ending, and from Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix (NTSC-J) that isn't the intro.
Thank you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”