Recording PS3 games

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Scrilax
Org Profile

Recording PS3 games

Post by Scrilax » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:24 pm

How can I record them ? can I install something in the hard drive of PS3 or something like that ?
if I can't.. I can capture what happens in the tv only with my graphic card with a S-Video cable ?
thanks ^^

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Recording PS3 games

Post by Kariudo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:31 pm

I think the only thing you can do at this time is to use a capture card and capture the footage. If you have a graphics card that supports vivo (video in/video out) then you'll be good...but you'll need a separate capture card or other capture hardware otherwise.

Most graphics cards do not support vivo (so if you don't know if yours does or not, it probably doesn't)

Most consumer level capture cards can only capture composite or s-video...both of which means that you're limited to 480i (assuming NTSC)...and the interlacing can be pretty ugly

...after doing some looking it looks like you might be able to get a pci-e x1 capture card that has hdmi input (if you want to fork over $237 for it)
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&cl ... 1&ct=title

Scrilax
Org Profile

Post by Scrilax » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:16 am

indeed :up:

thanks for the help :mrgreen:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:31 pm

i use a usb hub device and the program that came with it

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Wed May 27, 2009 1:07 am

Kariudo wrote: ...after doing some looking it looks like you might be able to get a pci-e x1 capture card that has hdmi input (if you want to fork over $237 for it)
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&cl ... 1&ct=title
I wouldn't recommend capturing from PS3 using the plain Intensity HDMI, since PS3 has HDCP, the capture card won't be able to record anything via HDMI. I tried the plain HDMI capture card and it does not work.

I recommend the Intensity Pro where you can capture via component.

There's also the Hauppauge HDPVR which does work and is probably cheaper than the Intensity Pro.

lilaxian
Org Profile

Post by lilaxian » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:42 am

Is there a wireless adapter for the PS3 so i can get online and download stuff? mainly for guitar hero and internet use... also is there a wireless keyboard and mouse feature? all for PS3.

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:10 pm

Yes, there is a keyboard attachment to your remote, it's not exactly a keyboard but it works But I hear almost anything works as long as it connects via USB. I can't say for sure. As for wireless internet and stuff, the PS3 has a built in wifi. You just need to find an access point or buy a router with wifi on it. That's what I did.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”