Running on the Ragged Edge: The B-Side

This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.

Moderator: Forum moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.
  • Note: The videos posted here do not need a corresponding catalog entry.
macchinainterna
Org Profile

Running on the Ragged Edge: The B-Side

Post by macchinainterna » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:57 am

Released: November 18, 2014
Video: Speed Racer
Audio: Keep the Car Running, by the Goo Goo Dolls
Genre: Action, Character Profile, Drama
Streaming link: [Removed at OP's request]

Some parts of this are still pretty raw and could have used some more time, but I needed to get this finished. It's been a very rough year for me, and there are no signs that it will be getting better anytime soon. I needed to make something and this was the result. Enjoy!

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Re: Running on the Ragged Edge: The B-Side

Post by Shui » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:52 pm

I loved running on the ragged edge like crazy :D

This is also really cool, less actiony and little more sentimental. It's a nice change.

But when I want to watch a speed racer vid I'll probably go back to you the first one because... ELEVATION!
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:36 am

Thanks for checking it out, Shui.

I pretty much accepted that my first Speed Racer video will always be preferred over this one. Frankly, I really made this just for myself, to help cope with things and to get my inspiration back.

Still, I'm glad you enjoyed it ^_^

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 pm

I enjoyed it, nice job Chuck. I will say, some of the scenes were way too visually "out there" for the music...it was overly goofy sometimes and the music didn't always fit. But overall I still really liked it, and having never seen the live action Speed Racer you seemed to summarize the story nicely. Great sentimental vibes throughout, which I always dig.

Always good to see you editing :up:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:21 pm

While not exactly the kind of song or editing I'd expect form this source, this vid came out really well. Great emotion Chuck. I do love me some chill works and I think this fits the bill nicely.
ImageImageImageImage

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:55 pm

Ben, Nate, thanks for checking it out guys. :)

Also, I just wanted to get the word out that I have the video in 1080p uploaded to YouTube now.

This is the link for the 1080p version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nkRGjqvK10

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:47 am

Sweet. My only gripe was the quality of the upload, and you fixed that. Your vid has been assimilated into my collection.
ImageImageImageImage

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:58 pm

Dope stuff pal

Return to “Other Videos”