AE basic question

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

AE basic question

Post by ForeverZeroo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:18 pm

Mkay. Im trying to do the nice thing and use the guide given on the website (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... orial.html) rather then just ask an editer for them to be my AE sensei. But this is the reason i dont like doing online guides. There are ALWAYS problems with the explaination given, nothing is simple.

anyway my question is at this point: "Now, let's bring some footage in. Right-click in the footage window and go to Import > File. Select a video file to bring into the composition. Note that AE 5.5 and below require your video files be in the RGB colorspace. AE 6.0 supports videos in any colorspace. After you've imported the video, import an audio file. Your audio should be an uncompressed WAV, not an mp3. Finally, import a small image file. Next, go over to the Time Controls window and click the speaker icon. This will enable audio for your previews."

When I add a clip...its all scrambled....green and red ...you wouldnt even know it was a clip. I cant even learn if i cant get a clip. Im using AE 6.5 please help if you can.

and if anyone wants to teach me basics themselves so i dont have to learn from onlin e guide....lemme know ^^;;;; LOL

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: AE basic question

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:08 pm

ForeverZeroo wrote:AE 6.0 supports videos in any colorspace.
This line in the guide is probably incorrect :p
Convert your video to a codec that supports the RGB colorspace, such as Lagarith.

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:56 pm

Ah that worked....thanks so much....now im going to try to use that guide T.T im sure ill have tons more questions

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Re: AE basic question

Post by AMV_4000 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:35 am

Zarxrax wrote:
ForeverZeroo wrote:AE 6.0 supports videos in any colorspace.
This line in the guide is probably incorrect :p
Convert your video to a codec that supports the RGB colorspace, such as Lagarith.
a lil OT, but are you going for most helpful or something??

and a tip to anyone using AE... Listen to Zarxrax... he knows what hes talking about.. he is THE BEST EDITOR EVER! ...apparently...

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:29 am

Zarxrax won't be your AE Senpai, he'll be your AE Seme! :D

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:46 am

LOL i know i know i only made this page to ask the one question. but odds are ill be posting a lot more @.@

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”