effects question

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:37 pm

its about vegas again: i rendered a video and then imported it back again on the vegas timeline. to my surprise... all teh effects and transitions came back on the timeline with the video i imported! how did that happen? the reason i do that is so that there arent too many effects and transitions on the timeline because that slows my computer down
thankx

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:51 pm

Logically the effects shouldn't show up because you rendered it to what I assume is an .avi file. So I have no idea, I've never heard of that before.

:/

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:23 pm

exactly my thoughts!
but somehow all teh clips that are together come with teh extensions that were there before i split and deleted it.
anyway... i think i am trying too hard for my first amv! but i was wondering... how do you plan out which clips to put where in ur amv? do you have it written down so there is a better plan? because i have so many clips in my mind.. i keep adding and deleting the clips from the timeline and i am going nowhere!
i guess what i want to know is how do you keep things so organized?

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:39 pm

I hope i got the url right! but as u can see in the picture, the scrubber is not even hidden.. infact its not even there.. no wonder it took me forever to find it! i bet there is a way to activate the scrubber! spill me the magic beans

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:46 pm

crackthesky!! the video effects!! i finally got it to work the way i want.. except i am still having problems changing the clip gradually.. but i think i'll figure it out eventually.. dont bother going deeper into it and all...just tell me how to find the scrubber.. i still cant find it .. its not even hidden there .. i think i somehow hit the wrong button and deactivated it! also.. the media pool! its gone.. i am having to put clips on teh timeline using explorer.. any idea how i can get back the media pool thing on vegas?
thanx

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:52 pm

salemshady wrote:crackthesky!! the video effects!! i finally got it to work the way i want.. except i am still having problems changing the clip gradually.. but i think i'll figure it out eventually.. dont bother going deeper into it and all...just tell me how to find the scrubber.. i still cant find it .. its not even hidden there .. i think i somehow hit the wrong button and deactivated it! also.. the media pool! its gone.. i am having to put clips on teh timeline using explorer.. any idea how i can get back the media pool thing on vegas?
thanx
i understand how to use the video effects now.. except i still cant find the dang scrubber.. lol

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:56 pm

i think i have the wrong version of vegas! i have vegas 5.0 !! maybe the scrubber looks like something else! maybe its invisible

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:08 pm

[img=http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5219/gfflv9.th.jpg]

there!! i think i found the scrubber but it looks a lot different from the scrubber you showed me .. probably because we are using different versions of vegas! but i swear i finally got my clip to turn from black and white to color in transition!! and i did that using that keyframe like icon as scrubber just like u said !! so its got to be the scrubber!! dont you think?

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:10 pm

[img=http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5219/gfflv9.th.jpg]

there!! i think i found the scrubber but it looks a lot different from the scrubber you showed me .. probably because we are using different versions of vegas! but i swear i finally got my clip to turn from black and white to color in transition!! and i did that using that keyframe like icon as scrubber just like u said !! so its got to be the scrubber!! dont you think?[/quote]

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:12 pm

there!! i think i found the scrubber but it looks a lot different from the scrubber you showed me .. probably because we are using different versions of vegas! but i swear i finally got my clip to turn from black and white to color in transition!! and i did that using that keyframe like icon as scrubber just like u said !! so its got to be the scrubber!! dont you think?[/quote][/quote]

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”