2003 Viewers Choice Awards

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:48 am

Holye00 and Hoyle00b look like multiple accounts to me.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:01 am

Hey Hoyle00,

Your profile did not indicate that you had entered all of your videos into the catalog (see VCA Rules #2). This is also a way for members to "opt out" of the VCA. This means that a member may choose not to participate even though they have entered all of their videos.

Phade.

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Post by The Non-Professional » Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:12 pm

There will be a round of category nominations. Category suggestions will be given by members of AnimeMusicVideos.org. After the category suggestions have been collected (deadline listed below), the final category selection will be the sole judgment of the AnimeMusicVideos.org staff.

Anyone mind telling me what that means? Im confused :?

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:19 pm

It means that the selections of categories to nominate videos for is up to Phade and the staff of the org (presumably the mods).
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:26 pm

No, it means the actual list of videos that are eligible for awards is up.

The list are all the videos that satisfies the selection criteria which is explained in the rules that has been posted for the last month. If a video isn't on the list then it broke one of the rules or something is wrong.

Click Viewer Choice Awards on the main page to see the list and the categories for this year.

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:05 pm

Personally, hosting is going to be a problem for some.

Those who get nominated may not have their videos up for download while others got them either via CD trade in person or by internet via creator.

Choosing a winner there would be very difficult. Unless the creator gives info on how to contact them for the amvs that are competing in a category....

Is this making any sense?? :oops:

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:15 pm

Yeah - and the same problem happened last year.

However, it essentially comes down to this:

There are 1500 videos - nobody can watch them all (hosting or no) so initial nominations will just be for videos people have already seen.

The when the top 4 or whatever it is comes for each category there will be much fewer videos and at this point people seek out hosting for the videos and a lot of people do get temporary hosting so people can judge the finalists.

The of course if people hurry up and donate huge wads of cashe the org could possibly host the finalists :)

Hoyle00
Org Profile

hmmm

Post by Hoyle00 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:51 am

Yeah I understand, the problem i guess was that i was too stupid to figure out how to actually add my video into this catalog, I thought the system itself was the catalog.

I wasn't aware that there was a way to viod your own participation from the contest, so when i asked around i was told each vid is sorta automatically entered. My bad I apologize.

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:34 pm

*rises from the dead*

Phade,

When/Where do you suggest we "remind" people that our videos exists so people remember them when voting? Last year a lot of people had opinions the vid I made that was nominated, but this year my vids have been a little sluggish in the opinions category (I guess that's what I get for making vids using series' that were still in Japan!)

Thanks!
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

SonKitty
Org Profile

Post by SonKitty » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:49 pm

Phade wrote:Hey Hoyle00,

Your profile did not indicate that you had entered all of your videos into the catalog (see VCA Rules #2). This is also a way for members to "opt out" of the VCA. This means that a member may choose not to participate even though they have entered all of their videos.

Phade.
To the best of my knowledge, my videos were qualified...unless I misunderstood something in the rules. Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I was just wondering about that.

Return to “Site Announcements”