What's wrong with noobies? [Food for thought]

Cyanna
Super Rad!
Org Profile

Post by Cyanna » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:17 pm

EarthCurrent wrote:And questions are raised as to why newbies are generally treated so poorly... :?

Here's one reason...

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=15482
Well....at least it's in the right board, being so random and waaaaaaay off topic. :P

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Post by EarthCurrent » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:23 pm

Cyanna wrote:Well....at least it's in the right board, being so random and waaaaaaay off topic. :P
he's your brother isn't he... :?

Cyanna
Super Rad!
Org Profile

Post by Cyanna » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:33 pm

EarthCurrent wrote:
Cyanna wrote:Well....at least it's in the right board, being so random and waaaaaaay off topic. :P
he's your brother isn't he... :?
Sure is! I'm so proud. ^_^

Actually.....no. He's not. I'm just a crazed optimist. :P

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Post by EarthCurrent » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:35 pm

Cyanna wrote:Sure is! I'm so proud. ^_^

Actually.....no. He's not. I'm just a crazed optimist. :P
So he's your cousin then? :?

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:33 pm

I really enjoy a good can of spam.

Milk, anybody?

and yeah, all new members really need is a good glass of milk from mama cow. everybody' needs some love, just don't expect to find any. :D

/end
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Ai no Gackt
Org Profile

Post by Ai no Gackt » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:08 pm

:shock: Milk is bad for you! Pocky is the only cure.(I know I'm crazy)

I'm new but I try not to make stupid remarks until I get the feel of thing around here and get to know everyone better. Then let the debates begin!

Anyway many Newbies get flamed 'cause they are just plain dumb. Take the rantings of Serpico :evil: , for example, why on an anime forum would you go and pretty much dis everyone here? We like anime that is part of the reason we are here and some of us know more anime than others. As to the fun flaming that is not meant to be anything if you can't take don't dish it out, or just ignore it. If you don't like it, leave. I personally love to argue w/ people it's fun. I don't do it to be mean, that is just how I am. :twisted:

I am not only new to this forum I have only been into anime for about 4 1/2 years. I started out w/ Slayers and now I own several different kinds of anime including hentai, and have over 100 manga. All of my anime has to be subbed and I am always looking for new titles. So I try to stay in the background unless I actually know what is going on. I don't want to say something and be totally wrong.

This kinda jumped around a little didn't it. Gomen-nasai! I tend to do that. I talk like that to. Oh well.
Who needs reality? Anime is much more fun!!
All I need is My Bishounen and Gackt-sama to visit my dreams!!

DaggerDust26
Org Profile

Post by DaggerDust26 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:49 pm

wow, well noobies are probably not liked because of the stupid things they say otherwise they arent to hated.
Last kiss-"in the heat of the night, you hold my body tight,
in the heat of the night, you crest something,
that never felt right"
Waterfalls-"the tear drop falls, into a pool of sweet serenity"

chaoticstormbringer
Org Profile

Post by chaoticstormbringer » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:18 pm

I have had my share of newbies about muds and stuff. I don't find any of them that bad except for the ones that just like to spam. But still those newbs still don't get one thing in their head... their ISP is being tracked, admins can get all the info they need from the person connected lol

anyway the good newbies who clearly have a passion to do what they can to become "accepted" have to take tough initiations. knowledge is power, and to know that acting like a newbie can be a good thing.

I'm a total newbie :P well no not really, I am only new to forums but i've been watching anime since... oh hell i can't remember... since I saw sailor moon. (probably when i was like 7) now I know you people are thinking... "ugh SAILOR MOON?! that is a butchered crappily dubbed piece of shit that was all about evolving the hentai business online!"

heh, you are right. But it was either watch people die and get killed by that tree thing and turn evil or watch a show that would give me nightmares for weeks. (sesame street, playschool that pathetic bookworm with the sharp teeth) But anyway, There is nothing wrong with an honest, wanting to learn newbie. Well there is ONE thing like... when they ask the same question a week later or they ask too many questions but then who's fault is that?

When I was a newbie, I was told to write stuff down and yeah it worked out for me. I've been flamed at by many people, especially those anti-newbie helper terrorists who bot their way to the top and then abuse the other people. Unfortunately, those newbie heters are newbies themselves and ended up being wiped out by the newbies I taught (teheheheh, got to love teaching the newbies all the right ways of maximising character performance :P in other words teaching them how to chain spells up together or show them how summoning the undead could be a good thing)

either way, I have to thank SS5_Majin_Bebi for his help in forums, all you good people out there, you know who you are (i think) and the rest of you people who are learning and involving themselves in making this forum one of the greater aspects of life :P.

Newbies are great (the goods ones that is)

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:43 pm

This is probably the only forum that I joined without carefully contemplating the decision... Otherwise, what I usually do before joining a forum, is give myself a few days to lurk and decide whether I'm actually interested enough in making this social commitment. Which it is, really. A lot of noobs are really a result of hasty and irresponsible joining and posting, thinking that they can just come in, drop a random line, then be praised by everyone for no reason in particular. It's a social commitment, and should be honored at least to some minimal degree.

Having joined irresponsibly, many noobs soon discover the simple fact of life that, as in pretty well any open social situation, they're facing a largely indifferent crowd. So, disappointed, they give up.

Yet, those who figure out the social structure and/or learn to post responsibly generally get out of the noob status quickly.

As for my noob story - well, NOOBS PAY ATTENTION.

Don't come here with a bad attitude. Please. Noone wants your grief. I came in here with the motto "I hate AMV's", for which I quickly got a noob sticker slapped onto my forehead. But, my story has a happy ending since I quickly learned the truth of my mistake and adjusted my attitude accordingly. I think the sticker is peeling off now... least I hope so :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:52 am

Hmmm... a 24 hour or longer wait period after signing up for the forum would be good :\

Return to “Site Announcements”