Jessica Lynch

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
azulmagia
Org Profile

Post by azulmagia » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:38 am

<what skanks wrote>
You're right. A coupla hours ago I watched a film on the paranoia and hysteria whipped up by those who, over the years, have tried to suppress the use of a relatively harmless plant known as marijuana, and of the police state that has been erected in the name of the War on Drugs, with no sign it's going to stop, let alone reverse. Fomenting paranoia has been the accepted way of controlling the US population since at least the 1880s. It's sad to see how high Bush's approval ratings still are. The people of the US talk up a good storm, but what do they do? Nothing. It's about as rational as sheep continually voting in one of two parties of wolves.

Now Georgia, that's a country. Poor, yes, but in the end they put their money where there mouths were and booted their lying, vote rigging president out. Now that's a country inhabited by people who deserve their freedom, not a people willing to sell it out so they can "be secure". WHY CAN'T AMERICA BE MORE LIKE GEORGIA, AND LESS LIKE A CERTAIN COUNTRY FROM THE 1930's?

WarpedElements
Org Profile

Post by WarpedElements » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:48 am

I was a media "hero" once, but then the police said I'd have to start wearing pants in public if I didn't want to be blugened by their nightsticks. Therefor, now i wear pants, everywhere, even in the shower. My legs are probobly SO pail.

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:35 am

azulmagia wrote:WHY CAN'T AMERICA BE MORE LIKE GEORGIA, AND LESS LIKE A CERTAIN COUNTRY FROM THE 1930's?
Because we're lazy, comfortable and complacent. We think everything is hunky-dory in the US, and so long as we maintain that image in our surface thought processes, it's all good. Most of our popular culture encourages mediocrity and reinforces the "things are great, and always will be" mindset.

Meanwhile, from both sides of the political spectrum, the foundation of America is slowly chipped away. Free speech? The right to privacy? A fair, open, and effective judicial system? The right to bear arms and potentially end this mess? All slowly, carefully, being messed with so that the far-left and far-right (two sides of the same hellish totalitarian coin) can merge and rule us all in a hellish "utopia".

The sad part is how many people will gladly go along with it.

One of these days I'll figure out what to do about it...
I'm out...

Simpi
Org Profile

Post by Simpi » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:12 am

kthulhu wrote:
azulmagia wrote:WHY CAN'T AMERICA BE MORE LIKE GEORGIA, AND LESS LIKE A CERTAIN COUNTRY FROM THE 1930's?
Because we're lazy, comfortable and complacent. We think everything is hunky-dory in the US, and so long as we maintain that image in our surface thought processes, it's all good. Most of our popular culture encourages mediocrity and reinforces the "things are great, and always will be" mindset.

Meanwhile, from both sides of the political spectrum, the foundation of America is slowly chipped away. Free speech? The right to privacy? A fair, open, and effective judicial system? The right to bear arms and potentially end this mess? All slowly, carefully, being messed with so that the far-left and far-right (two sides of the same hellish totalitarian coin) can merge and rule us all in a hellish "utopia".

The sad part is how many people will gladly go along with it.

One of these days I'll figure out what to do about it...
IMO, people will never rise up against their government until they have nothing left to lose. And in most cases it's the military that eventually decides who is the winner, whether by supporting current rules or smacking down the revolutionaries.

In Georgia, this is exactly what happened. Shevarnaze was in Russias sleash, because Russia supplies most of Georgias energy (They have more than enough hydroelectric power but stations are rusting down because of lack of funds) and they had a habit of cutting the power during the winter if Georgia did anything.

Georgia is pretty unstable country. They are in strategic position, part of the country is governed by a 'de-facto' dictator and russian forces wait beyond the border. Not to mention that sometimes Chezchens cross the border, which is one of the reason russians are pissed.

Hopefully they can get their act together since they have enough natural resources (abovementioned hydroelectric) to become a good nation.

As a side note, check out this page and download Mike Malloys 1984, where he has disected Bushes speeches. Pretty interesting. Among others, this is the quote you can hear:

When we are talking about war, we're really talking about peace
- G.W. Bush.

http://www.ericblumrich.com/media.html
"Finland is an acquired taste -

- Mike Pondsmith -

Kirbyoto
Org Profile

Post by Kirbyoto » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:00 pm

There's two ways of thinking about that: That peace is a break between wars, or wars is a break between peace.

Or something.

Also, notice how AMERICANS originally were FLEEING from Europe! That's because of the Scientific Reasoning of Europe Sucking.

Nah, I kid. Personally I'd rather be in Japan.

But I ain't. So meh.
You know what? I don't even care anymore.

yuppa
Org Profile

Post by yuppa » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:24 pm

skanks wrote:Hrm.. this is why I don't like Americans..

Hey, why bother landing there? Why not just Nuke the whole country and then go over their and Rape their dead corpes because Bush said they had weapons of mass destruction.

*points at China* quick, they have weapons too.. we need to kill every man women and child because they are different from us too!!
Oooooh, and they have slanted eyes. quick, kill them before your precouis american gun-hoe redneck way of life in in jeapody because there is someone in the world with a different view on things!

Personally, I think good on them for shooting back. They are defending their fucken country. Their not terrorists.

What is it with Americans and those Salem witch trials.
First it was witches, then Communists. ANd now its Terrorists..
ooh, ooh, he has a nostrial hair, he's a terrorist kill him and his entire family!

Skanks i gues i should have ben more specific. I do tyhat stuff to get my Ass which i dont want to se dead back in one piece is all. I could care less if it was a diffrent looking person. if i felt threatened i would defend myself like most anyone would in that situatuion. But you do have a point there. killing for the sake of killing isnt right. 8)

Bush is nothing more than a yokal on a power trip. ppl like Toecutter have no idea just how similair they are to the enemy they hate so much. Extremists born on a different side of the mirror sáll.

and thats my 5 cents (Australian currency doesnt have 2cent coins anymore)
END OF LINE
Once king of noobs...now king nothing!!

Toecutter
Org Profile

Post by Toecutter » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:20 pm

Bush is nothing more than a yokal on a power trip. ppl like Toecutter have no idea just how similair they are to the enemy they hate so much. Extremists born on a different side of the mirror sáll.
I know I am the enemy. It takes a monster to challenge the other monsters. Why pity my desire to obliterate humanity, when I can embrace it?
GoatMan
was here!

WarpedElements
Org Profile

Post by WarpedElements » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:11 am

What's wrong with obliterating humanity?

As for living in Japan, my uncle used to for about 5 years or so until he just recently got transfered back. He said if things weren't the way they were, in a few years when he retired, he woulda moved back. But he says that their countrys "Going the way our country did in the 60s and 70s". Loss of respect for elders and all that. And that was something he greatly admired about Japanese society. That and he said they're embracing the drug culture a bit to much.

Return to “General Off Topic”