Updated Scryed Site

This forum is for general self promotion and the like or just to say "Hello".
ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Updated Scryed Site

Post by ZeWrestler » Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:40 am

Hey,

Anyone who is interested in Scryed, I've just updated my site. ZeWrestler's Scryed Page. Take a look at it, if your interested. Also, for the artists out there, I love getting fan pics, and other submissions, so if anyone is interested, send me some Scryed related pics stuff you've made. And if i like them (which is most likly) I'll add them to the site in the next update.

ZeWrestler
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:38 am

Sir, you've fallen into the "HTML Lamer" category, like SO many others out there in cyberspace you have used the dreaded Height and Width tags. Be it in a lamo HTML editor that allows for such(or possibly a unknowning HTML editor that has the feature and you actually force it to perform sadistic acts on images). Anyways lemme demonstrate:

Note how that looks crappy as hell. That's because the original image is 461x326. However! The Height and Width tags tell the browser to resize on the fly. Once it's done downloading it resizes it to 320x241. Which is no where near the correct aspect ratio and on top of that your browser uses a shitty resize filter. so the image looks all jagged. To add insult to injury, this hurts the poor 56kers. Your picture gallery is made up of a bunch of thumbnails that are actually just 320x240 images that have been resized on the fly. So that people are downloading all the large pictures at once and then internet explorer is resizing them as they come in, which defeats the purpose of thumbnails if you ask me. The picture gallery for episode one is well over 500KB. Which would take nearly two minutes to download on a 56K. :|

So for the love of Scryed(even tho I am not a fan), resample the images with a program like Irfanview ;)

~klinky

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:49 am

Irfanview??
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:51 am

http://www.irfanview.com/english.htm

One of teh bestest image viewing / converters evar!

I use it to do most of my image resizing and all my ms paint worx go through there to convert them to GIFs.

~klinky

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:47 am

ok, i'll look into it

Return to “It's all about me!”