Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Post by mirkosp » Mon May 19, 2014 7:08 am

AniDB wrote:In a world where magic is a product of neither legends nor fairy tales, but has become a technology of reality for nearly a century, various countries in the world are locked in a race in nurturing magicians, practitioners of modern magic. For that purpose high schools, called Magic High Schools, were nationally established. At First High School, the first of its kind, located in Hachiouji, Kanto, Tokyo, an elite school where the most excellent magicians are fostered; two hundred students are divided into two courses. With the students of Course 1 (called Bloom) excelling in magic, whereas the Course 2 (called Weed) students are only seen as replacement for the former.

In the spring of the year 2095 two magicians enrol in First High School: Shiba Tatsuya, an honour student without magic capability, was barely accepted into Course 2, along with his sister, Shiba Miyuki, who happens to be the top student among the freshmen in Course 1. In this environment where students are divided into elites and plebs right at the enrolment, discrimination is running rampant. But what will happen to the irregular at Magic High School?

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Post by Jasta85 » Mon May 19, 2014 5:49 pm

I'm enjoying this so far, the little sister is the typical annoying clingy "oni-sama" character but the brother is pretty cool, I think I like him probably because it's rare for the main character of an anime series to actually be intelligent and strong, rather than awkward or a pervert as in most series. Pretty good action so far, although there really isn't an overarching plot as they seem to quickly defeat whoever pops up as a bad guy within 1-2 episodes

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:32 am

well this series is over, it had its ups and downs, but I did enjoy the action sequences quite a bit. Main character was OP as hell but I didn't mind all that much

the Light novels this has based on have been translated a few volumes past where the anime ended so I might check them out to see what happens next, although considering how much emphasis the anime had on action sequences it will be a bit odd just reading them.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:52 am

Rather than action, the focus was all on world-building/theory of how magic works and "Tatsuya is OP" ─ not that it was bad though, I actually enjoyed it. But the action sequences were sparse and had average animations.

Ardamaeus
Shut-in Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Ardamaeus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:52 am

Bro-Nii-sama, Jesus-Nii-sama, wow.

Well, it didn't bother me too much how overpowered Tatsuya was, but I agree with Jasta that Miyuki is definitely annoying. Looking at the sales, I think it's highly likely this is getting a season 2.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:32 am

Awesome ending and Tatsuya with his godlike power. Hopefully there will be a season 2 with a better explanation on things

Joe88
Org Profile

Post by Joe88 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:03 pm

theres plenty of content from the LN for a complete 26 ep second season
the summer holiday chapter i'm betting will be released as an ova since it was skipped
the bd sales were pretty good to warrant it

I do wish they lay off a bit with the oni-sama's

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”