Nisekoi

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Nisekoi

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:02 am

Wikipedia wrote:Nisekoi follows high school student Ichijou Raku, the son of a leader in the yakuza faction Shuei-Gumi, and Kirisaki Chitoge, the daughter of a boss in a rival gang known as Beehive. They unexpectedly meet when Chitoge hops a wall and knees Raku in the face. After she runs off, Raku realizes he has lost his pendant which was given to him by his childhood sweetheart with whom he made a secret promise. After discovering Chitoge is a new transfer student in his class, he forces her to help him look for the pendant. During the search, they begin to dislike each other.

Upon returning home, Raku learns that the Shuei-Gumi and Beehive gangs have agreed to settle their feud by pairing their leaders' children. Raku learns that his girlfriend-to-be is none other than Chitoge. For the next three years, they must pretend to be in a relationship to maintain peace between the gangs. This turns out to be quite a challenging task, not only because of their hatred for one another, but also because Raku has a crush on another schoolmate, Onodera Kosaki, whom he secretly wishes was the girl who bears the key to his pendant. Various developments complicate the situation, including Chitoge's over-protective bodyguard, a female hitman, a girl who claims to be Raku's fiancée, and the existence of multiple keys.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Nisekoi

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:56 am

This season's rom-com. It's stuffed full of cliche's but is pretty decent. The fact that it was done by SHAFT definitely got me started on it, and I did get some chuckles from the references to their other series like sayonara zetsubo sensei. It's pretty generic but still enjoyable

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:24 am

Kinda reminds me of Bakemonogatari but without the bakemono and with more ham and cheese, which I guess makes sense given who's doing it.

Also the locket is huge, like you can shank a guy with it. Kinda reminds of Squall's Griever. I'm actually more curious of what's in the locket rather than who made which promise, and I'm almost inclined to read the manga, actually.
Under Construction

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:44 pm

I didn't even realize this series ended, I just happened to check and realized it ended at episode 20 (which is really odd since it leaves a gap of several weeks before the end of the season). and it had no conclusion whatsoever, not that I was really expecting a good one but it felt just like the ending to a regular episode, oh well, may check out the manga now to see what happens afterwards

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:00 pm

BEST GIRL IS BACK :D

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”