March comes in like a lion

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

March comes in like a lion

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:20 pm

ANN wrote:The protagonist Rei is a 17-year old professional shōgi player, who lives by himself, not having a real family, and has scarcely any friends. Among his acquaintances is a family, which consists of a young woman, Akari, and two young girls, Hinata and Momo, and who also keep a numerous number of cats.
Image Available on Crunchyroll
Image Available on DAIUKI.net

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: March comes in like a lion

Post by mirkosp » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:28 am

Episode 1 showed it's a SHAFT production in its first half, but I still liked it quite a bit. Hopefully it'll still hold up down the road.

Camichan19
Org Profile

Re: March comes in like a lion

Post by Camichan19 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:59 pm

As a HUGE fan of the manga and it's author, (Chica Umino), I have a lot invested for this show. Though, it hasn't fully grasped me in the first few episodes. Certain details I like, and I am glad they're starting to give the MC his internal monologues that he has in the manga, but I still can't shake the feeling that I wish this adaptation was handled by JC Staff, or the like. JC Staff handled Honey & Clover beautifully, and while March Comes in Like A Lion is it's own series, it still shines with the balance of comedy & introspection, and character relationships. I feel like Shaft is still trying to amp up the "edgy" factor and hasn't given me those quiet, tender moments yet. But I'll keep on watching~

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”