Little Witch Academia

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Little Witch Academia

Post by Kireblue » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:31 am

ANN wrote:Akko Kagari is an ordinary girl who joins the renowned witch academy for witch girls, Luna Nova Academy. When she was younger, she went to Magical Festa, a magic show hosted by a witch named Shiny Chariot. Akko was so mesmerized and inspired by Shiny Chariot's performance that she dreamed to someday be a "cool" witch like her. This young and impressionable Akko takes Shiny Chariot's words as her own motto: "Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.“ As part of a class, Akko and her classmates go into a labyrinth under the Tower of Luna Nova. There, a sealed ancient dragon was unleashed by one of her classmates. Akko tries to stop the dragon, but…

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Little Witch Academia

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:34 am

Gawd the first episode was so enjoyable! Sucy was a little meaner at first than I expected, but she's still my bae :asd: . They did a really good job at capturing the joy and energy from the OVAs.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:19 am

Well it's Trigger doing their original creation just in a TV format, glad to see them back. I honestly didn't really get into any of their series after kill la kill, I think it was because little witch academia and kill la kill were so bursting with insane energy that when they made more grounded and moody series it just wasn't as enjoyable. Anyway, definitely going to be watching this all season.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:11 am

Jasta85 wrote:Well it's Trigger doing their original creation just in a TV format, glad to see them back. I honestly didn't really get into any of their series after kill la kill, I think it was because little witch academia and kill la kill were so bursting with insane energy that when they made more grounded and moody series it just wasn't as enjoyable. Anyway, definitely going to be watching this all season.
Kiznaiver was a little bit of a disappointment, but I really enjoyed Space Patrol Luluco

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Thanks for not letting me down with 25 episodes of pure joy, Trigger.
ImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:20 pm

The world of Little Witch Academia is absolutely glorious!
Spoiler :
Episode 4
I can't believe that it has its own version of Twilight (Night Fall), a form of twitter that uses digital owls (possibly also a Harry Potter reference), and teleportation devices shaped like the walnut from The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I'd love for them to make a Little Witch Academia encyclopedia after all of this is done. So glad that this show is gonna have 24 episodes.
also, I finally realized why I like Sucy's hair so much.
Spoiler :
Sucy is best pony
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”