Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

Post by mirkosp » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:27 pm

ANN wrote:In the era of the gods, year 300. Yuuna Yuuki lives an ordinary life as a second year middle school student, but she's also a member of the "Hero Club," where club activities involve dealing with a mysterious being called "Vertex."

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

Post by Chiikaboom » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:58 pm

really disappointed with this one. :(

I was pretty hyped since its a magical girl series where one of the girls is physically disabled - and amazingly doesn't regain the use of her legs post transformation. gross sexualization aside, i was pretty impressed with the first 2 episodes. everywhere was wheelchair accessible and the character's personality was not defined by her disability. as a disabled person, i thought this was pretty good representation.

unfortunately, later in the series, disability becomes a huge plot element. all of the girls get some form of handicap as a result of fighting, and even explaining togo's disability as a result from fighting the same war in a previous life (or something, i kinda zoned out at that part). really disappointing. i was hoping she would just be a character who happened to be disabled, but doesn't define her and can kick ass without the use of her legs.

and in the end, all of the girls are healed. even togo who was disabled from the start. super upsetting. people in real life who have disabilities don't get healed when things get too hard. it was a really good opportunity to have a realistic representation of a disabled magical girl, but in the latter half it pretty much all went to hell.

then again, i shouldn't have expected much from a seinen magical girl anime where 13 year olds get close up titty jiggles and awkward ass shots. shame on me :down:
Image ImageImage

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:56 pm

I really love the direction of this anime, won't forget it <3 9/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV34iS2EFPI
Even teared up at this part
Thanks for another addition to magical girl angst ;w;

eternalIkuto10
Org Profile

Post by eternalIkuto10 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:38 pm

Loved this series. Itsuki = adorable.
Usagi jumps in, gleefully, "Yes, Mina-Chan! That's true. Maybe if we continue to remain positive, even in this blackness that's filling the sky and air, we can draw the evil enemies out from their wretched hole."

Ami follows up, "Indeed, light dis-spells darkness, just as love overcomes hate."

Rei interrupts, "Shouldn't that be my line?"

Ami sweat drops, then continues, "The truth is, we just have to remain positive."

^A section from one of my Sailor Moon Fanfictions.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”