Some of my Nominations (of videos that aren't that popular)

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:29 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I believe you :P

Too bad we didn't talk too much during AWA. :(
You'll get another chance in 4 days. :P

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:10 am

dwchang wrote:And now for some non-video awards:

Most Improved Creator:
Corran - Like JCD, you've come a long way since "The World She Knows" (which was awesome too). Just sayin' that that and "The Last Transmission" are pretty different from a technical standpoint and I certainly see improvement.
Corran? I dunno, he did so good already with The world she knows (one of my favorite videos period) I don't think there was a whole lot of improvement he could make ;p If he wins a VCA with Last transmision, that would mean every one of his personal videos hes made (not including MEPs etc) would have won an award in VCAs... even though its only 2 ;p
SnhKnives - I certainly enjoyed your previous vids, but I think "A Typical Love Story" was a major step-up and I love it...like I love Aoi >_> (runs from Pwolf). From what I've seen, you've progressed nicely from video to video.
x10, snhknives showed major improvement since his earlier vids. A Typical love story is the first one from him to make its way on my top 10. Nevermind i'm a sucker for a good Ai Yori Aoshi vid....
Creator of the Year:
sillver_moon - Again, forget the fact I'm an absolute Escaflowne fanboy. Nah seriously, silver_moon has been very consistent in 2004 with good video after good video. Same with her sister, but she didn't make an Esca romance video this year >_>.
I agree on this one aswell, They deserve at least nomination for creator of the year.

I also agree on all of the videos listed above. Good selection.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:13 am

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote:
dwchang wrote:And now for some non-video awards:

Most Improved Creator:
Corran - Like JCD, you've come a long way since "The World She Knows" (which was awesome too). Just sayin' that that and "The Last Transmission" are pretty different from a technical standpoint and I certainly see improvement.
Corran? I dunno, he did so good already with The world she knows (one of my favorite videos period) I don't think there was a whole lot of improvement he could make ;p If he wins a VCA with Last transmision, that would mean every one of his personal videos hes made (not including MEPs etc) would have won an award in VCAs... even though its only 2 ;p
Ok I retract this statement... I just checked again and realized The world she knows was NOT his first video when I was under the impression it was
:oops:
[size=0]
Image[/size]

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:22 am

Heh, either way I think I lost out on that particular award with the passing of last year's VCAs. Thanks for the consideration though.

DrngdKreationz
Org Profile

Post by DrngdKreationz » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:21 am

I would still consider Corran for most helpful though, He's contributed alot to the AMVapp, and that I know has helped quite a few people with the basics of avi-synth.

including me. :oops:

ashitaka_ja
Org Profile

Re: Some of my Nominations (of videos that aren't that popul

Post by ashitaka_ja » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:08 am

dwchang wrote:1) I'll Meet You by silver_moon - This was hands down my favorite video of the entire 2004 year. It's a beautiful romance video that is nearly flawless in its edits and subtle syncs. Also forget the fact that I'm a huge Escaflowne fan or that I've made my own Escaflowne Romance videos (i.e. biased) -_-;;. I'd like to suggest it be nominated for Best Drama, Best Romance, Best Sentimental and Video of the Year
I couldn't agree more!!! This is a wonderful video that deserves all the recognition and awards it can get. And you are 100% correct, silver_moon does deserve Creator of the Year honors. Her works this year have been nothing short of wonderful.

You've listed some wonderful AMVs, some of which I have yet to see, so I know what I'll be doing the next few days but without a doubt, I'll Meet You, is the cream of the crop.

silmeluin
Org Profile

Post by silmeluin » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:20 am

wow, I just downloaded "I'll Meet You There" by silvermoon. I can't say I'm a "simple plan" fan- in fact I usually dismiss them as the lowest dregs of the emo genre- but that video was soooo cute!!! By the end of the video, I had fuzzy feelings all over and starry eyes!!!

in my opinion, [/b]Best Romance and Best Sentimental Video nominations definitely!

silmeluin
Org Profile

Post by silmeluin » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:16 pm

okay, just watched Eternal Sky, the other escaflowne one- soooo incredibly beautiful.

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:33 pm

Thanks alot :oops:
dwchang wrote:Most Improved Creator:
JCD - I enjoyed "Overdrive" from 2003, but you've come a long way since then and impressed the hell out of me with two of your videos.
Well, I sure improved with creating cheesy Photoshop-effects this year (:P) but I still like Overdrive more than the 2 you mentioned ;)

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:30 pm

silmeluin wrote:okay, just watched Eternal Sky, the other escaflowne one- soooo incredibly beautiful.
why thank you :wink:

I agree, silvermoon's Esca vid can't get enough lovin ;p

I would also like to add the following videos I havn;t seen mentioned yet:

I went through the list of qualified videos this year since its been posted, and picked out any gems I had forgotten about that I didn;t see posted in any previous pimp threads. If I duplicated anything, forgive me I probably just missed it, or forgot I saw it ;p

Bakadeshi's list of 2004 gems to nominate:

Jasper-isis - Eversearching for both sentimental and Dramatic, very good scene to mood synchage and selection. A must see.

Machine (Carlos Corral): "VASH : The Desperado"
Realy realy well edited. Any desperado fan would love this one. I would nominate it to Best parody and best comedy/fun.

mexicanjunior (Sotero Lopez): "a girl with pretty eyes...The Animation"
Most sick AMV EVAR! if there is such an award :lol:

Otohiko: "Damage"
I'm not sure where to put this one yet.... but its an excellent video. The editing style in lue with the music style in particular is the standout point in this one. Otohiko does an excellent job as always at bringing out the essence of the song in the video. It needs to be nominated somewhere ;p

Pwolf (Scott Grasso): "Ace Combat Zero Trailer #2"
Whats a video nomination list without Pwolf's Ace combat trailer getting some more luv? I'd nominate it to best trailer.

silver_moon (Valerie Fremmerlid): "Nothing Can Stop Us"
While some silver_moon vidoes have been mentioned already, I think this one deserves some love aswell. I'd nominate it for fun/upbeat because of the music style.

It seems Rozard is not participating this year... didn;t see him on the list of qualified videos. And I wanted to nominate his Naruto video he did for Pro: He's...Just Like Me... DOne to the music Hellbent by Kenna

well thats all I saw. check out these vids and nominate! ;p
[size=0]
Image[/size]

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”