Org Profile

Post by JCD » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:47 pm

... is not instrumental

"I'll fill your world up with extasy" :roll:

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:59 pm

Otohiko wrote:Although I'll have to admit that just watching it develop almost from scratch makes me somewhat partial to Requiem for a Nightmare
Well if we're going to be like that, then I nominate Ararat for the 2006 VCA's.

Also, as I've said before I'm partial to Brain-Carnival's [url+http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=30097]Running Man[/url].

And speaking of Brain-Carnival (Who has an excelent Adiemus video) what about songs that have voices but no real words?
As Karl puts it: "The text in Adiemus is written phonetically, with the words viewed as instrumental sound. The human voice is the oldest instrument and by removing the distraction of lyrics, we hope to create a sound that is universal and timeless.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:03 pm

pen-pen2002 wrote:
Well if we're going to be like that, then I nominate Ararat for the 2006 VCA's.
Actually, I don't intend to release it separately from Instrumentality unless there gets to be real demand for it. Which I doubt.
And speaking of Brain-Carnival (Who has an excelent Adiemus video) what about songs that have voices but no real words?
Yea, Brain-Carnival will definitely have to be a name in this category.

Speaking of which, what about videos that have words but no real voices? :P ("The Wasteland" would be a case in point...)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Dark-Krystal
Org Profile

Post by Dark-Krystal » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:53 pm

Angel Redemption :wink:

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:44 pm

If people would just take the 3 and a half seconds to install the codec they might have the oprotunity to enjoy this little video I made.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:32 pm

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:10 am

Otohiko wrote:Actually, I don't intend to release it separately from Instrumentality unless there gets to be real demand for it. Which I doubt.
Yeah... same with my Surrealism. I'll take requests though. :wink:

All of the Instrumentality videos deserve major pimpage. :D

I especially liked downwithpants's Tomoe in the Moonlight, bakadeshi's unreleased Oratorio of Ghibli, and Otohiko's The Wasteland.

Those three videos span quite a few catagories... but it's that variance that makes the Instrumentality project so great. :D

It's always fun to make other people watch The Wasteland with the sound turned up... to see their reactions when the first eye pops out. :D

DrngdKreationz
Org Profile

Post by DrngdKreationz » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:26 am

So much good stuff here,

Pen Pen,is req for a nightmare running in 2005 vca's? since it really premiered at AWA or you holding off and going by the entry date?

aside from that question my vote is hitting up

Wasteland,
Reflections of a Goddess (i think that was it)

Roccket
Org Profile

Post by Roccket » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:43 am

The bird that flew too far is great : http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=30041

Tyler's Kill Spike video HAS to be nominated also : http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=33125

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”