Some of my Nominations (of videos that aren't that popular)

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:07 pm

I'm glad you guys liked my videos. :oops:
dwchang wrote:Azumanga - Perfect Day by Reoer
That was a really cool video. Thanks for mentioning it, dwchang, I hadn't seen it before. I think I'll have to nominate it for Best First Video. :wink:

And I'd like to second Eternal SKY by bakadeshi, Memory by MeriC, Why...? Can't...? I...? by AtomX, and JCD's vids.
ImageImage

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:21 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:<3.
No <3 necessary. Your vid was great and certainly worth the mention and hopefully some nominations. I honestly can't decide if I like Wonka's or your Berserk video more. His is obviously more epic, but yours deals with one of my favorite characters in it (who is very under-represented).
Castor Troy wrote:Too bad we didn't talk too much during AWA. :(
3 days man. 3 days. Unlike AWA, Ushicon is a lot less hectic since there are maybe 10 folks compared to like a gazillion as well as very few events. Why do we go again? :oops:
Corran wrote:Heh, either way I think I lost out on that particular award with the passing of last year's VCAs. Thanks for the consideration though.
THE LINE! TEH CROSSING! WE DON'T WANT ANY :O.

:lol:
DrngdKreationz wrote:I would still consider Corran for most helpful though, He's contributed alot to the AMVapp, and that I know has helped quite a few people with the basics of avi-synth.

including me. :oops:
Corran's never helped me with a video. Ever.
>_>
<_<
If I were Pinocchio, my nose would be growing...:oops:
silmeluin wrote:wow, I just downloaded "I'll Meet You There" by silvermoon. I can't say I'm a "simple plan" fan- in fact I usually dismiss them as the lowest dregs of the emo genre- but that video was soooo cute!!! By the end of the video, I had fuzzy feelings all over and starry eyes!!!

in my opinion, Best Romance and Best Sentimental Video nominations definitely!
Ya that's another really surprising thing with that video. I absolutely hate Simple Plan, yet she did such a nice editing job, I can't help but love the video.
JCD wrote:Thanks alot :oops:

Well, I sure improved with creating cheesy Photoshop-effects this year (:P) but I still like Overdrive more than the 2 you mentioned ;)
Well I like "Strike-On" the most and my opinion is better!!!!11 :evil:

:lol:

Nah, Overdrive was good too, but you've certainly had a great 2004 as well.
silver_moon wrote:I'm glad you guys liked my videos. :oops:
No, thank you for making it ;). I have no idea if I'm getting any nominations myself, but I'd almost find it crime if any of my videos got into a dramatic category and this video did not since frankly, yours is far superior. I hope that didn't come out the wrong way or pompous :oops:

silver_moon wrote:
dwchang wrote:Azumanga - Perfect Day by Reoer
That was a really cool video. Thanks for mentioning it, dwchang, I hadn't seen it before. I think I'll have to nominate it for Best First Video. :wink:
Sadly looking at the qualified videos, the creator did not hit the little button. I'm not surprised since it looks like they don't log in often :-/. Oh well.

In any case, if you haven't seen any of the videos I've listed, I (again) highly recommend you do and take them into consideration for nominations.

Enjoy!
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:26 am

Sorry man, looks like I'm out once again for the VCAs since I still refuse to get rid of my non-anime vid.

Good luck to everyone else though!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Garylisk
Org Profile

Re: Some of my Nominations (of videos that aren't that popul

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:41 am

dwchang wrote: 8) Secret Waltz by Pianos - I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been mentioned more, but oh well. This is one of the MADs made by Pianos (who joined the .org in 2004) and probably my favorite of his. I'd like to nominate it for Best Fun, Best Dance, Best Use of Visual Effects and Video of the Year
x 1,000,000,000

If any of you haven't seen this one, you REALLY need to. It's a STRONG candidate for video of the year, as well as all the other categories it's being suggested for here. If ever there was a video for this year's VCA's that deserves your attention, this is it!
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:54 am

dwchang wrote: Ya that's another really surprising thing with that video. I absolutely hate Simple Plan, yet she did such a nice editing job, I can't help but love the video.
I hate Simple Plan too. Sierra told me she wanted me to do a vid using Simple Plan, and I flatly refused at first. But then I listened to the song... and I could picture it with Escaflowne so well... and I gave in. :)
dwchang wrote:Sadly looking at the qualified videos, the creator did not hit the little button. I'm not surprised since it looks like they don't log in often :-/. Oh well.
Grr. I was so ready to nominate that Azumanga vid. I guess I'll have to find another vid to nominate for best first.
dwchang wrote:I have no idea if I'm getting any nominations myself, but I'd almost find it crime if any of my videos got into a dramatic category and this video did not since frankly, yours is far superior.
But... what about your AMG vid? :cry:
ImageImage

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:27 am

dwchang wrote: 11) Eternal SKY by bakadeshi - Another video I saw at AWA (or rather the Pro DVDs) and yet, was surprised it did not win anything. The video is a nice little Escaflowne Movie video (did I mention I'm an Esca fanboy yet?) set to an instrumental. It has a nice little story and is really well done. I'd like to nominate it for Best Sentimental and Best Instrumental.
Ahh.. Best Instrumental eh... here's the lyrics for Time of Gold Flowing:

* Che -saa Fuu-ra Ti -rei -aa *
Miis tras mes seia Rdakata ... Kuki duus -mish
Duso mei ravei rei ta ... Tristine kuk ti va
Fuu du verde na -vei his tar di tadku
Hyari taduki verei -e -ti -ne

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:10 am

FoxJones wrote:
dwchang wrote: 11) Eternal SKY by bakadeshi - Another video I saw at AWA (or rather the Pro DVDs) and yet, was surprised it did not win anything. The video is a nice little Escaflowne Movie video (did I mention I'm an Esca fanboy yet?) set to an instrumental. It has a nice little story and is really well done. I'd like to nominate it for Best Sentimental and Best Instrumental.
Ahh.. Best Instrumental eh... here's the lyrics for Time of Gold Flowing:

Miis tras mes seia Rdakata ... Kuki duus -mish
Duso mei ravei rei ta ... Tristine kuk ti va
Fuu du verde na -vei his tar di tadku
Hyari taduki verei -e -ti -ne
Yea... I thought the lyrics were just sounds, made up for the song/anime, (It came from please save my earth) then someone told me they were latin. Anyway the voices are treated as an instrument in this video, so... well, Nominate it as you see fit ^^
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:12 am

silver_moon wrote: But... what about your AMG vid? :cry:
I had already planned to nominate this one in romance :wink:

along with about 5 others...
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:27 am

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote: Yea... I thought the lyrics were just sounds, made up for the song/anime, (It came from please save my earth) then someone told me they were latin. Anyway the voices are treated as an instrument in this video, so... well, Nominate it as you see fit ^^
It's not latin. It's the imaginary language created for PSME which was used by Sahareen(can't remember the right spelling) priestesses. There's also a translations to it.
Why do I know all this? ^^' Just check out "fav animes"-list at my profile...

Translation:

Grains of goldan sands flow.. Vision without tune wonder and...

Here I am
Where are you?
Blue ocean, quiet sky
Calls echo through
Listen, please
Quietly telling you...
Here I am

Now, you see?
Close to you
Can you hear?
I am here, with you

Golden dream and lbue ocean
Until the last drops of sand fall
Surely...
Forever more
Will be close to you
I'll be with you

Grains of golden sands flow Vision without tune wonder and...

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:24 pm

FoxJones wrote:It's not latin.
My bad, I thought it was and told him so :P

(damn I'm supposed to know latin from school, where did it just go? >_<)

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”