I guess I'll mention it before someone else does...

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

I guess I'll mention it before someone else does...

Post by Scintilla » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:44 am

(Mods, if this thread doesn't belong in the Promotions board, please feel free to move it. As this is the only VCA-specific board, I didn't know where else to put it.)

I have a blanketed request:

<i>Please <b>do not</b> vote for my "Eva Bebop" video in the <b>Best Use of Simplicity</b> category.</i>

The description of the category states:
"This award honors the video which used <i>few or no effects</i>, yet still was well executed."

Considering that the vast majority of AEO:EB is one big Photoshop-and-Premiere job, I believe that it goes completely against the spirit of the category for my video to have been nominated for it. The video simply does not deserve the nomination.
As such, I would feel horrible if it made it to the final 5 in place of some simpler and more deserving video.

That is all.

(But votes in other categories would still be much appreciated. :D )
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:05 am

Sometimes, these voters just freakin' surprise me. :|
ImageImage

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:22 am

I so called it. The bes tcimplicity and best no-effects categories are FULL of vids that shouldn't be there.

I'm not bitter that I didn't get nominated in any category, but I do see some vids that I hope get eliminated this round of voting, be it because they don't belong, or be it that my pickyness prevents me from even thinking they deserve to be in the finals. (There's only a couple of those mind you :P )
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:20 am

Garylisk wrote:I so called it. The bes tcimplicity and best no-effects categories are FULL of vids that shouldn't be there.
The concept of what effects actually are seems to escape a lot of people for the most part... For a contest based on popular vote, the best non-video and Simplicity video catagories in my opinion are a waste... Better to just stick with the somewhat traditional ones.

Vlad

WilLoW :--)
Org Profile

Post by WilLoW :--) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:51 am

Garylisk wrote:I so called it. The bes tcimplicity and best no-effects categories are FULL of vids that shouldn't be there.
Yeah
This award honors the video which used few or no effects, yet still was well executed.
Knowing the efforts made for the effects Steeve put in "Shonen Bushidou", I consider it as an insult for him that his video is nominated in this category.
People just ticked every video they liked for each category, without even reading the goal of the category it seems...

That's sad.

Zaxcerty
Org Profile

Post by Zaxcerty » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:50 am

When I saw the No-effects and simplicity videos, I just went:
"Heck, why don´t we add Believe, Secret Waltz and Surfing on the blocks while we are at it...."

Hopefully the admin (or whoever is in charge) can take a look and remove the videos who should not be in there and put in the runner-ups (since my fav-vid for those categories aren´t in there :wink: ).

WilLoW :--)
Org Profile

Post by WilLoW :--) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:29 pm

Zaxcerty wrote: Hopefully the admin (or whoever is in charge) can take a look and remove the videos who should not be in there and put in the runner-ups (since my fav-vid for those categories aren´t in there :wink: ).
Nothing is less sure. After all, the vote was democratic, these videos were chosen by the members, the admins wouldn't have the right to change the results. Otherwise they'd do so in all categorys, which would lead to criticism anyway.
So I doubt the admins will do anything about that (which I understand), let's hope people will vote with more attention for the semi finals :D

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:28 pm

What's sad about it is that the videos that do have lots of effects in them have taken a slot away from so many other awesome videos that truly deserve to be in that category.... Not the Creators fault...

I know the VCA's are a popularity contest to begin with, but I wish more members would actually take the time to vote appropriately in a category, it's that or I would have to assume that some voted for videos they never saw :wink:

Vlad

istiv
Org Profile

Post by istiv » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:52 pm

if think to vote for theses videos in this category is an ironic way to say that they don't agree with the existence of this category like the best no effects. When i saw this i ask myself if we should not create frankly a Best Beowulf-like AMV category ...

But now it is accepted and part of contest so i think people should vote seriously or not vote in this category. I hope admin should do something about this.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Zaxcerty
Org Profile

Post by Zaxcerty » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:04 pm

WilLoW :--) wrote:
Nothing is less sure. After all, the vote was democratic, these videos were chosen by the members, the admins wouldn't have the right to change the results. Otherwise they'd do so in all categorys, which would lead to criticism anyway.
So I doubt the admins will do anything about that (which I understand), let's hope people will vote with more attention for the semi finals :D
When it comes to the NO-Effect list, there should be no problem.
In this category is it pure facts: Have the raws been changed/modded in any kind of way, yes or no?
So a lot of videos are directly disqualified from even being votable in this category, and should therefore be removed.

All the other categories are more or less a question of interpretation, including simplicity, since everyone can have a different way of interpreting what is required to fall into this or that category.

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”