Lanczos vs Bicubic

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: Lanczos vs Bicubic

Post by Mister Hatt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:02 am

Er, I actually copypasta'd that from the wrong script. You want to use Dither_Resize16() with an impulse kernel, not nnedi3_rpow2 directly, or you will completely break everything. I totally forgot about this as the above paste came from a non-16bit clip that was doing funky hax. Read the docu on dither to see how defining your own kernel works.

@mirko, yes I know, this was copypasta'd wrongly orz, but it is obvious when you read the script!

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:15 am

Whoa whoa whoa, I think everyone got accidentally trolled on IRC and Doom9. After a bit of investigation, ResampleHQ chroma issues seem to stem from a completely unrelated issue that was reported and then never corrected as being irrelevant. The author of the plugin did mention on IRC that he found some weird things but nothing major. So to be clear, mirko's method is fine and if you don't want to use an impulse kernel (IMO still the best way), then you should do what he said and ignore my incorrect garbage above.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Lanczos vs Bicubic

Post by TEKnician » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, I think everyone got accidentally trolled on IRC and Doom9. After a bit of investigation, ResampleHQ chroma issues seem to stem from a completely unrelated issue that was reported and then never corrected as being irrelevant. The author of the plugin did mention on IRC that he found some weird things but nothing major. So to be clear, mirko's method is fine and if you don't want to use an impulse kernel (IMO still the best way), then you should do what he said and ignore my incorrect garbage above.
Acknowledged. Really helpful stuffs here. Will be using.
Spoiler :
See? Even pros make mistakes every now n then...
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:48 pm

TEKnician wrote:...
Spoiler :
That much should be obvious by how much we need to clean our footage from professionally mastered sources. >:(
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:13 am

Cannonaire wrote:
TEKnician wrote:...
Spoiler :
That much should be obvious by how much we need to clean our footage from professionally mastered sources. >:(
LOL
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Return to “AviSynth Help”