Render issue in CS4

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Render issue in CS4

Post by godix » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:03 am

I'm having a problem with Premiere CS4 rendering wrong. First let me show the pictures then I'll explain how I have things setup. The pictures will be under a spoiler tag since they're 1600x480

Before rendering:
Spoiler :
After rendering:
Spoiler :
Before rendering is the way I want the video to look. When I export, that's the way it exports so that isn't a problem. However, my computer can't handle 5 panes that are full of zooms, pans, cropping, some effects, four avs scripts, etc without previewing. So if I want to check my editing to see if there's a problem, I have to actually do a full export every time. Needless to say, that's getting really old really quickly.

To explain how the project is setup:
The primary sequence is set to 1600x480. Each of the 5 panes are individual sequences plopped on the timeline of the primary sequence. Those are set to 320x480.

I'm putting the source down in each of the pane sequences, not the primary one. The source is 640x480, and uses motion controls to move it around to display what I want since the source is wider than the sequence resolution is. What's happening is that when I preview, it shrinks things so it can display the entire 640 width source in the 320 pane.

What's odd though, if I do not preview, I can see it normally and as I want. When I export, it exports correctly and as I want. So it's not export settings or project settings since those work perfectly fine. I've checked the preview video options and can see nothing that would make a difference there. I've tried 'render effect in work area' and 'render entire work area'. Either way, same problem.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for me?

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: Render issue in CS4

Post by godix » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:29 am

Pwolf solved the problem. For anyone else who may run into this, each sequence needs the preview codec set to uncompressed and it'll preview without problem. Thanks pwolf.

Return to “Adobe Software”